School-Aged Children
Options

Drinks in lunchbox

This is along the lines of the lunch post below. My son has a lunch container from Lands End and I Have no idea how I am going to fit enough food for this child and fit his water bottle. I got him the smaller Klean Kanteen so it is not huge but it still takes up space. I have plastic ziplock containers and they barely fit and he used those for snack last year so I do not know if they will be big enough. I really wan a Planet Box but really need to try to make this work before buying more. And this is when I kick myself for buying all this plastic crap instead of what I really wanted because I have probably spent half the money I would have for Planet Box. So I am not sure what I am asking except do other people have trouble fitting enough food?
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Drinks in lunchbox

• Options
    My son uses a Lands End lunchbox, but it's now going into its 4th year.  I'm not sure it's the same size as their current lunchboxes.  It's a soft-sided lunch pack that's probably 8 or 9 inches tall by 6 inches wide.  It would probably be 3 inches deep if you stuffed it full.

Anyway, I use ziplocs and occasionally plastic containers.  My son only drinks water with lunch, so I use an 8oz water bottle.  A 16 oz bottle will fit along with a sandwich and sides, but he only needs what he can drink at lunch.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    NB, it is probably very similar in size. Last year they sold some designed by kids but they are similar to the regular ones.

Kate I thought of doing that but worried that a 6yo would forget to bring it to lunch or forget to take it back after lunch. I will consider that if we need more room. What I should really do is figure out how to sew a damn pocket on the side!
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My kids use and love this lunch box from llbean.  It has a compartment on the top for their drink and then the whole bottom is strictly for their food.  I have never had a problem fitting all of their food in the bottom compartment.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70684?feat=844-GN1&page=flip-top-lunch-box

• Options
    I also put a water bottle in a side pocket of the back pack. It also keeps it from spilling on their lunch of they don't close it properly. Surprisingly we have not lost a water bottle at school yet!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"