Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

What would you do? Advice please

We live in a 3 story townhome.

Our current room is on the 3rd floor and our 19 month old, DS bedroom is on the 3rd floor as well.
We have our 6.5 month old DD sleeping in our room.
I dont feel comfortable moving our room to the 1st floor so DD can have her own room but we also need to start working on her sleeping better through the night.
Should we move her in with DS, anyone have success with this?
I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas, please.

Thank you so much!

image     image  image
   Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

Re: What would you do? Advice please

• Options
    My kids have their own rooms (2.5 yo girl and 7.5 mo boy) and we have no plans to move them in together, BUT I have several sets of friends whose kids PREFER to sleep in the same room and asked once they were older if they could share a room together. I don't see any issue with your kids being in the same room. Obviously once they are older and need some privacy I would rethink things, but at this age, they might actually like it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS2 is still in our room, and we are debating when to move him. Our DS1 is such a light sleeper that having the baby in his room would be a disaster. We might have them share when they are older to have the other bedroom as a playroom/guest room.

I guess I would have your kids share for now if you don't think the baby would disturb the big kid's sleep too much while she is learning how to sleep better. Or move your DS downstairs?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My SIL just dealt with this issue. It didn't go well. The amount of sleep they were getting went downhill and their wake up time was even earlier. As soon as one woke they would wake the other and usually on purpose. I would say give it a try but if it doesn't work then come up with a new plan. .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. It is such a tough situation. We actually waiting on some news for a 4 bedroom home.. fingers crossed... so this all may come to an end very soon, yay!

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• Options
    mishka29 said:
    My SIL just dealt with this issue. It didn't go well. The amount of sleep they were getting went downhill and their wake up time was even earlier. As soon as one woke they would wake the other and usually on purpose. I would say give it a try but if it doesn't work then come up with a new plan. .
    I don't have any experience with this but this makes sense to me.  I know my nephew would wake up my niece right away if they were in the same room!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"