Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Toys

Today we were at a baby class and afterwards my daughter was playing with some of the toys they had there and it made me realize we need some new toys. Most of our toys are rattles and "baby" stuff, but now that she's sitting I feel like I would like to get a few new things for her to play with. Anyone have any recos for toys that are interesting enough to hold a sitter's attention that they might play with for a while? Bonus points if it's not battery operated. HAHA.

Re: Toys

• Options
    DD just started to love the Melissa & Doug Pound & Roll Tower (she doesn't use the hammer yet, but pounds on the balls with her hands and makes the drop down).

We've also gotten a few M&D puzzles (the ones with BIG pieces) - she mostly likes to chew on those now, but we figure they're a good learning toy as she gets bigger.

Regular wooden blocks are great - encourage stacking/knocking things over (bonus points for later use if they have letters/colors on them).

I got about $10-15 worth of cheap kitchen stuff for her from dollar tree (spatula, wooden spoons, mixing cups/spoons, cheap strainer) - she loves that stuff.

We also had a cabbage patch kid that someone got her when she was born - we just pulled that out recently and she smiles every time she sees it.  She will sit and try to poke that dolls eyes out for a LONG time :)

We have a basket of cheap balls (also got some at dollar tree) - different sizes/textures/colors.  She likes to play with those.

I try to leave some wooden board books out in the living room when she's awake - sometimes she pulls them all out and tries to open them.  I'll read if she's having a calm moment during the day.  

Nesting toys are supposed to be good for this age as well.
  • Options
    little tikes tap a tune piano

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with kitchen stuff - we have various toys but DS's favs are measuring spoons, stacking cups, plastic containers (qt size yogurt ones are his favorite).  He also love eating board books.  The fisher price sorting cube box keeps him amused for a while too.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son LOVES this Ball Popping Dino toy...

I also made some "sensory" toys - empty water bottles with pennies for him to shake, water bottles filled with water & coins, glitter, marbles, etc. -- hot glue gun the caps on these -- then just shoe boxes filled with kitchen utensils, pieces of fabric, ribbon, silk flowers and leaves -- he loves opening the boxes and seeing what new stuff is inside.
    photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Vtech Move and Crawl ball

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"