Adoption
Options

Present Ideas for Parents/Kids at Adoption Finalization

Our very close friends are adopting from foster care and their finalization could happen any day!  Yippee!  I want to get them something since this day is so special and it has been a long road, but my mind is going blank.  Do you have any ideas?  It could be a family gift (something with the date maybe?) or individuals gifts (if all of the kids were girls then I'd probably give them a necklace or something similiar).  The kids are 6 yo boy, 3 yo boy and almost 2 yo girl.

Re: Present Ideas for Parents/Kids at Adoption Finalization

• Options
    So I did some searching on Etsy.  Can you let me know what you think of this idea? What a Difference a Day Makes (parents' birthdates, wedding date, children's birthdates, then adoption date).

I really want to get a special momento for each person of the family, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something meaningful for everyone but the mom.  I'd get her a necklace with everyone's birth stone on it.  Any ideas for individual gifts?

• Options
    I think that the idea of the the parent's birth dates, wedding date, children's birth dates and the adoption date is an awesome idea! 

My go to, if the family owns a house is a grafted plant of some sort. In my neck of the woods rose bushes are quite popular around here and I will gift them a rose bush that has 2+ kinds of roses in them! 
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the rose bush idea!  It would be really cool if you could graft 3 kinds of roses- one for each kid.  But they are hoping to move into a bigger home in the future, so I'm sure a plant would be a practical gift right now.
  • Options
    A rose bush is something you can move/split. I always talk to the local nursery to see what they can do!
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"