August 2012 Moms
Options

Mickey Mouse Party girls

Just wondering what your food menus are looking like? We are doing hot dogs with all the fixings and chips and dip. I was thinking of doing a pasta salad and maybe some potato salad as well. I need some more ideas though. What are you ladies serving?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

06/10 mmc@ 10 weeks: 03/11 mc @ 8 weeks due to blighted ovum.

Re: Mickey Mouse Party girls

• Options
    Im making pasta salad with mickey shaped pasta!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Tula214 said:
    That's so cute!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are doing a Mickey Party too.... hamburgers and hot dogs.
    Born 8.24.12 at 8:44pm (4 days early) 8lbs 3oz!
  • Options

Tula214 said:

That's so cute!

Thanks! I'm pretty much going to go Disney, and see what Mickey shaped foods I can find. I think they also have pretzels.

• Options
    Tula214 said:
    Tula214 said:
    That's so cute!
    Thanks! I'm pretty much going to go Disney, and see what Mickey shaped foods I can find. I think they also have pretzels.
    I love Disney! I can't wait to take Hudson there in October!

• Options
    We tried to incorporate all the characters as best as we could to have a variety of food. We had Pluto's hot diggity dogs with fixings like a hot dog bar. Bowtie pasta salad for Minnie's bow. Pete's PB&J sandwiches. Mickey's Clubhouse sandwiches (deli sandwiches). Donald and Daisy's fruit stand- a platter filled with different fruit. We had different chips and dip that we assigned to Goofy-in hindsight I would have put out some goldfish purely for the alliteration factor.
    Lemonade, iced tea, water and juice boxes.
    Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes. Some with mini Oreos as the mouse ears. And I rolled out some pink starbursts and cut out a bow to make some of them look like Minnie cupcakes. Others I rolled out other colored starbursts and used a small cookie cutter "1" shape and put those on top. The rest were rainbow sprinkles.
    I also made a cake that was in the shape of the Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Not my best work but it got the point across.

imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're having finger foods because W's party is after lunch and his nap time. I'm just trying to keep things with the color scheme of red, yellow, black (or brown), and white. I'm making cupcakes with ears, and possibly some cookie pops with the Mickey shape.
  • Options
    Tula214 said:

Tula214 said:

That's so cute!

You live in the most perfect place for this theme! Mickey is everywhere and made into everything. Haha
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    I saw a thing on Pinterest where someone did Mickey Mouse CLUBS house and did a "make your own club sandwich" bar. It had bread, lettuce, tomatoes and deli meats.
    I almost did it for mine but I got lazy.
  • Options

I saw a thing on Pinterest where someone did Mickey Mouse CLUBS house and did a "make your own club sandwich" bar. It had bread, lettuce, tomatoes and deli meats.
    I almost did it for mine but I got lazy.

Not going to lie. I had great hopes for an awesome, crafty menu. After being worked like a slave for the mouse, I just don't have time. I'm getting Hungry Howie's pizza, and making sides. Putting out chips, and dip. Buying his cake, and smash cupcake from Disney. Lazy? Oh well. I work almost 60 hours a week. Lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We tried to do a practice run of a mickey head cake... It was the most intense meltdown... Quickly realized I am not an expert with fondant and butter-cream is just as difficult... We decided to do cup cakes and stick mini oreos in them for ears and call it a day.... 

@Mrs.Rohde, what you did was AWESOME....
  • Options
    We had our Mickey party last Sunday. Hot diggity dog bar, burgers, pasta salad, salad, goldfish crackers, fruit salad, and tostitoes and dip. Also had cupcakes, and a peanut butter pie. They were all labeled(ex: Pluto's Peanut Butter Pie, Goofy's goldfish,etc.) Turned out great!
  • Options

We did the Mickey Mouse theme but not with all of the food.  After making invitations, mickey shaped rice krispy treats, and the cakes I quit being craftsy.  Here's a picture of the main cake and smash cake my sister and I made.

I wasn't originally going to make the cake but after being quoted $300 by 2 different bakeries I figured I'd give it a try!

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We did the Mickey Mouse theme but not with all of the food.  After making invitations, mickey shaped rice krispy treats, and the cakes I quit being craftsy.  Here's a picture of the main cake and smash cake my sister and I made.

I wasn't originally going to make the cake but after being quoted $300 by 2 different bakeries I figured I'd give it a try!

Great job!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Holy Crap! You did amazing!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas ladies! My MIL very generously offered yesterday to buy/make all of the sides for the party!! Normally I wouldn't take her up on something like this because I like to do things myself but I'm getting to the point where every little thing is starting to stress me out and I'm slowly realizing I can't do it all. 

IslandMommy81, you did a fantastic job on the cake!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"