Georgia Babies

Where to get XL/Plus Size Nice Maternity Dresses?

Hi, I posted this in the multiples board and thought I'd also check for local in put as well...

I'm 28 weeks with twins and wear size XL-1X.  Our shower is coming up in a couple weeks along with maternity photos and I'm looking for a couple nice dresses that fit and are affordable (no more than around the $100 mark).  Up to now, I've been shopping the clearance racks at Target and Motherhood (with a little Ross thrown in) for work and casual but would really like something flattering and nice for the upcoming occasions. Any suggestions?  Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Where to get XL/Plus Size Nice Maternity Dresses?

• Thanks all.  I checked out Izzy online and in Alpharetta.  Do you think it's worth checking the Buckhead store? So far I haven't seen anything online that I liked in my size and nothing in the store that grabbed me.

I'll have a look at loft.com.  I briefly visited zulily and it looked like you had to register to view their stuff? Since I'm looking for something rather quickly, I didn't go any further.

Does Pea in the Pod really have different stuff from Motherhood?  I got the impression they're interrelated. 

On the other board, someone suggested going to a plus size store (e.g. Lane Bryant) or site (torrid or onestopplus) and just getting a dress from there. I've seen a couple nice dresses there. However, I'm concerned about the fit. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again for all the feedback!

• Thanks mingaling2.  I see what you mean about Pea in a Pod - just checked. They got some nice things but the prices are a bit high and they don't sell plus size.  They only had one XL dress.

I'll check out Izzy's buckhead store.

Thanks again.

Clintelle  

• @ jlbeeman85, cynthia2007 & cputman200           

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for only now checking back in.  For the shower, I ended up wearing a dress from Target and for the maternity photo, a dress from Lane Bryant. 

cputman200, I did notice that different Targets will have different stock on clearance in the Maternity section.  I didn't check out the one on US 41 in Marietta as I'm not often in that area, but if I am in the next few weeks, I'll check it out.

Thanks again for all the feedback. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"