August 2011 Moms
Options

I locked myself out today - with Max inside!

I had the scariest thing happen this morning! A cat showed up in our driveway and my two dogs started going ballistic. After a few minutes of barking, I thought if I opened up the door I'd be able to shoo the cat away so they would calm down. So I opened the front door just a crack and my little bichon Daisy somehow scooted around my legs and off our property after the cat! Afraid she'd get hit by a car or go missing, I shut the front door and took off after her (Max was playing quietly and didn't really notice all this).

When I get back with the dog, the door had locked behind me! I tried the other doors and they were all locked. Max still hadn't noticed...I could see the back of his head from the window. I went and looked for our spare key in the little out building but couldn't find it (my husband says it is there)...so I had to go back and knock on the window. Max gets up and starts making faces, thinking it is hilarious that mommy is outside. After a minute or two he "got it" and came around and managed to open up the door! Thank God! I would have been breaking a window with a rock before long! Scary! Max saved the day! Oh yeah and if you didn't see the other post....looks like I can blame it all on pregnancy brain because I'm KU and due in April!
BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I locked myself out today - with Max inside!

• Options
    Wow, impressive that Max figured out the door! Ella isn't tall enough yet, lol. Glad he was able to save the day, that is my biggest fear! 
    Ella 8.6.11
    Carson 3.28.13
  • Options

I'd be screwed if this happened to me - we have a safety thing on our front door because we live on a busy street and I do NOT want DS to be able to get outside.

Glad it worked out for you, though! Max to the rescue!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow glad he saved the day but now you have to child safety the door ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Way to go Max! Methinks he deserves a huge bowl of ice cream.

Also, I don't think I congratulated you properly in that other thread, so here's a big CONGRATS MAMA! I am so happy for you guys!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yikes!  DD wouldn't have been able to let me back in, I don't think.  She can't reach the lock.

And congrats on your big news!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"