Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

need ideas! stranded and bored kiddo

Dd is 22 months. We live in florida. Its noon, hottest time of day. Nap isn't gonna happen. I have a tailbone injury so no horseplay or dancing. Ds is at work until dinner time. No friends or family that can help out. Dd is cranky from teething and being bored. my vehicle and carseat are in the shop. Dd is scared to death of swimming pools.

What do I do to keep her happy until ds comes home?

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: need ideas! stranded and bored kiddo

• Bubbles- short lived but I do them in house sometimes, Playdough? - my sisters 2 year old loves it, might still be young but might be fun to play with. 

Sorry thats all I got.. Hope you find something to do...And you get better soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sorry about the injury. we live in FL too!

noon-5 is pretty hot so we  try to stay indoors- mall, library, aquarium.
    When DH has the car we play downstairs for a bit and watch TV then go upstairs and play in her room then in DH and my room.

You said DD is afraid of pools? tried sprinklers? splash pad?
    My DD likes to go out blow bubbles, chalk, THEN runs through the sprinkler or sits in baby pool to cool off.

You can go to the beach and play in the sand, let DD walk in shoreline to cool off. She doesn't have to submerge in the water.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know this is probably too late to help today, but DS enjoyed it when I made him paint one day. It was a flour/water/food coloring recipe I found online. He was only 12 months, so I stuck him in the bathtub with the paint, some foam brushes, and a big sheet of paper. We wound up also painting the walls of the tub, the faucet, and most of his body, but it kept him occupied when it was too hot to play outside. I bathed him right after, so the tub clean-up was easy. I learned the hard way not to forget about the paintbrushes and cups, though. Mine sat for a while and got rather gooey crusty. Blech!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"