Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Question about feeding-solids & bottle

I'm a FTM, and I feel like sometimes I over think this stuff just because I have never been a mom. I have been feeding my boys a bottle and then about an hour later, solids (purees, oatmeal), twice a day.  It seems like a lot to me as far as scheduling goes (trying to fit it all in, feeding, playing, feeding again). 
How does it go for those of you who do a bottle and then the solids right after?  Right now we do 4 bottles/day but I wonder if I would need to give them less per bottle and up it to 5 bottles if I gave them solids right after a bottle. 
I'm also thinking that I need to add a 3rd solids meal in soon too since they are 8 months old now.  Help, suggestions, thoughts, please! TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image

Re: Question about feeding-solids &amp; bottle

• Options
    I'm on the same boat as you but I think there is no right or wrong answer. I actually do what you do know, my LO has 4 bottles usually 6 oz each. About an hour later I offer solids. I have offered solids right after too and he eats what he wants. Sometimes as much as the 4 oz. I try not to give him more than that because I don't want him to have less milk. Also, our pedi said he can start the 3 rd meal at 8 mo. So I did.
    1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, I guess this is just one of those things that I need to figure out what works best for them! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for asking, I feel exactly the same. Its all very confusing. I give my lo 4 - 8oz bottles a day (not that he drinks all) and solids after his first 3 bottles of the day.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"