Cleveland Babies
Options

Anyone delivered at Summa Barberton Hospital or have opinion on Akron vs Canton hospitals?

I live in Green, OH very close to the Stark/Summit County line and I'm trying to decide on a hospital for my first delivery.  I'm from Stark County and I'm comfortable with Aultman, but I'm slightly closer to Akron now. 

Any one have an opinion on Akron vs Canton hospitals?  I'm interested in Summa Barberton but it's new and I know no one who has delivered there.

Re: Anyone delivered at Summa Barberton Hospital or have opinion on Akron vs Canton hospitals?

• Options
    I delivered in Barberton in Dec and I absolutely loved it.  I work for Summa BUT I actually work at Summa Akron City Hospital.  I loved Barberton for a few reasons.  1) closer to my house since I live in Barberton 2) smaller so I felt the care was a little more personalized  3) staff was outstanding!  In fact the last day I was there I was the only patient on the entire floor so I had the staff all to myself!!!  The only reason I would deliver at City Hospital is if I were very early and knew that the baby would need specialized are (ie: NICU, etc).  It is easier to get in and out of Barberton Hospital for visitors and cheaper as far as things like parking go.  I am due again in Dec and will be delivering there as long as something major doesn't happen.  Also, at  City Hospital you move rooms a lot.  It goes like this...you think you are in labor so you go to the registration desk.  They take your vitals, register you etc.  They take you back to "triage" where they hook you up to the monitors, etc.  Doctors will examine you and if it is determined you are in labor then they take you to a room.  You stay there until you deliver the baby (could be 1 hour could be 24 hours).  Then a couple hours or so after delivery you are moved to a DIFFERENT floor and stay there until being discharged.  I will note that even though you are transferred to the 3rd floor the nursery is still on the 2nd floor.  In Barberton, you get put in a room and stay there the entire time...no moving what-so-ever!  My situation was a little different in that I was in a "vaginal" delivery room for an induction but ended up needing a c-section so they prepped me in the vaginal room and I walked to the c-section OR and when I came out I went into a c-section room for the duration.  My fiance was able to stay in the room with me and they brought him a foldaway bed.  Across from my room was a little kitchen with fridge (water, juice, pop, milk, etc), freezer with frozen pizzas, popscicles, a drawer with snacks (crackers, peanut butter, cookies, chips), coffee pot, cereals.  If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"