Health & Exercise
Options

Zumba

Hello,
I have been a Zumba Instructor for a bit less than a year and I have recently stopped for a month (because I was fasting) and that's when we found out we are going to have a baby.

I am in my 8th week and planning to go back to my regular schedule of giving 3 classes per week.
My doctor says I'm fine and I can continue with what I was doing without trying new exercises. However, many other people are advising me not to risk it.

Oh, I am on (Progest).. for some reason, even though the doctor says everything is normal, he thinks i should take it till the beginning of my third month :-/

anyway... got any advice? should i give classes or not?

thank you for reading me :)

Re: Zumba

• Options
    Your doctor approved it, so whomever is giving additional advice is unnecessarily going out of their way to make you second guess medical advice. As for "trying new exercises," keep in mind that you might need to change it up to adjust for pregnancy and ALL new exercises aren't a bad a idea, just be very aware of how you're moving and always maintain control to the best of your ability. 

I would give the classes if I were you considering everything you mentioned. Get used to people telling you what you should and shouldn't do, and become comfortable ignoring it when your doctor has clearly said otherwise. If you waste your time worrying about others' advice, you're going to have a long and frustrating pregnancy. Stay active and listen to your body (and OB)!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you... I needed to hear this and I'm gonna go back to teaching tomorrow!

:D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"