Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Need ideas for home made bday party favors

I'm having a joint bday party for my DD's (ages 2 and 4). I want some neat ideas for favors/goodie bag items for the guests that I can make myself. The party is at a gymnastics studio, but I'm not really doing a gymnastics theme. 

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need ideas for home made bday party favors

• Options
    Well I am not very creative but I just got colored gift bags & filled them w/ small items- small bubbles, crayons (target is having a sale on all sorts of cool crayola 10 packs for .79 apiece right now), crazy straws, tattoos, stampers.  All very inexpensive,  and if a kid doesnt like them it is no big deal. We are doing a pinata too so they'll have some candy.
    A lot of ppl (adults) don't like favors b/c it is more cheap 'stuff' to have around but my kids really wanted to give something (they loved helping fill the bags) & I know they love getting them at parties, so eh...(parents can toss the stuff and I won't feel bad LOL).
  • Options

Maybe have the girls paint those wooden frames from a craft store and then take pics during the party and when you mail your thank you card, include a pic of their child at the party? 

We did this at the twins first bday (our family and friends) of each guest holding the bday kids and printed each during the party and sent them home with the frames filled.  Big hit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the ribbon wands idea! Question though - would that be okay for boys as well, or should I make different favors for them?

• Options
    Chocolate dipped pretzel rods with sprinkles or chocolate chips. Place in clear bag and finish with a ribbon.
  • Options
    shannm said:
    Chocolate dipped pretzel rods with sprinkles or chocolate chips. Place in clear bag and finish with a ribbon.
    Ditto- I did this last year and it was a hit. DD was able to help make them which made it even better.
    imageimage
  • Options

I have a cricut (cutting machine) so I got insulated straw cups from the dollar tree online and placed a cutout mickey mouse head on it.  I then added candy to the cups.  The cups were $1 each, cuts out cost about $3 for all 24 and candy was less than $1 for each cup.  So each item was about $2 and I did 24.  And everyone seemed to love them.  The kids because it was a big cup like mom and dad use with MM on it and mom and dad loved that it would not alot of little junk.  Sorry - but we get alot of that stuff from parties.  Candy, bubbles, crayons, stickers, note pads are all good for fillers.  You could also make a coloring book and get crayons (they are cheap right now).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"