Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Night diapers?

Dd is almost 17 months. She does get a bottle before bed as a habit that I'm probably sure i will have to change. But I would say about 5 out of 7 nights she pees through her diaper and onto her clothes and sometimes bed by the time the morning comes. I have heard of night time diapers but haven't done much research, does anyone have any experience with them and are they worth it? Or is this just purely because she has the bottle before bed.

I started that because she wasn't always sttn. And I felt like if she was full enough she would, and she does. I guess bec of the habit I get worried she will stop if the bottle stops. We're a pretty routine family.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Night diapers?

• Options
    I would stop the bottle asap bc the longer you wait the harder it will be to stop it, I had the same habit as you and it was a loooong 3 days after we cut it cold turkey.... BUt to answer your question try huggies overnights a size up from her regular diaper, they are a little pricey but way worth it. Even with out the bottle she will probably still need them but they have been a lifesaver for us :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We went through this recently with DS.  At first, I bought Pampers Extra Protection, which worked, but then I decided to try going up a size in his regular diapers for overnights and that worked just as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How old is your Lo? And when would you recommend the milk then?
  • Options
    I've found that regular Pampers work just as well. I wouldn't pay the extra money for overnights. The regular offer 12 hour protection. My DS pees ALOT and has never soaked through one of those at night. He sleeps 10-12 hours a night.
    Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our DS started leaking through when he was about 16 months or so. I just went up a size at night, and while he still leaks sometimes, it's definitely not as frequent.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
  • Options
    Up the diaper size-
  • Options
    Agree, go up one size.
  • Options
    Ds has used size 6 Huggies overnights for a year. He's always been an incredibly heavy wetter. Most nights these dipes can hold it all. Pampers overnights were splitting open on him.
  • Options
    We use the pampers baby dry for night time diapers! My DD was wetting through too but since we made the switch it hasn't happened again!

• Options
    We used to go up a size in the Pampers BabyDry, but now we are on the low end of 4s and the 5s are too big for us. We are using overnight Pullups, which I can usually find coupons for, so I can get them pretty cheap, if going up a size doesn't work for you...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not sure what your night routine is but can you switch to a cup of milk before bath (if you do them at night) then brush teeth, then rock/read a story/sing a song/prayers/whatever you do.  We use Huggies overnights, cheaper ones have never worked as well.  Also, since you only use 1 per day the box lasts a while so lean towards a bigger size.  

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"