Secondary IF

IUI 2 Done!

IUI #2 is in the books now! I'm feeling very happy and excited. DH wasn't able to come because of a work thing, but I had such a great time. My RE sat in the room with me during my 10 minutes of down time and we chatted like old friends. We had such a great conversation that it felt like we were chatting over coffee. I was so touched by her genuine kindness. Sometimes it feels awkward with doctors... like there can be no social interaction, just business. 

Anyways, do you ladies thing cramping is normal? For those of you who have done this before, how much cramping is normal? I have a lot of discomfort, mostly on my left side, but I had two large follicles there, so I'm thinking maybe I am feeling ovulation cramps. Thoughts?

So now I wait it out, but I have a good feeling. I don't know, maybe I'm seeing myself up for disappointment, but I am feeling more optimistic these days, so I'll take it. 

On a side note, do you ladies believe in signs? Is there anything you see or hear that makes you feel hopeful?  A song? An image? There's this butterfly that flies around our house every evening. Okay, more than likely there are several different butterflies, but I keep seeing it and it only flies around one part of the yard. For some reason it makes me feel so hopeful. I'm sure I sound like I stepped off the crazy train. :)
DH & I: 29
TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
TTC #2 since October 2011
2IF issues
7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IUI 2 Done!

• Good luck!  I had my 3rd IUI done on Wednesday.  I too wait.  I had 2 large follicles on my left side too. 

Cramping is totally normal, especially once the progesterone starts.  I swore I was pregnant last cycle.  One suggestion I have is to test out your trigger.  if you have cheapie PG tests use them.  I took a HPT last cycle at 12 days past IUI and got a positive.  It was just the trigger still in my system.  This cycle I'm not testing (at least that's what I"m telling myself.)
  • Hi MJ! Glad you're feeling hopeful! Yes, I cramped for probably 24 hours or so after IUIs. Not like period cramps, usually one-sided and bad enough that I would want to at least sit down and wear sweatpants.

Yes, I believe in signs. I believe in a lot of crazy a$$ sh!t. For instnance, my Dad passed away a year ago very suddenly. I am an only child, with divorced parents, and he never remarried.

I don't care what anyone on here says (we can argue til the sun goes down) but I would swear on the bible that he visited me in a dream to say goodbye.

I say go with your gut. If you feel like that butterfly is meant for you, then it probably is.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • Yay! Congrats and good luck!! I'll cross all the parts I can for you!

I believe in signs too and I believe they happen I just think some people choose to ignore them.
    @kc1212 I believe you! My mom and grandma have stories of being visited at the time of a loved one death.

• KC, seriously, I'm freaked out by how much we have in common. First, I'm so sorry you lost your dad. My dad passed away too, but when I was 17 (so, 11 years ago this October). And he came to me in a dream to say goodbye, too. I remember it so clearly. It was weird though because I didn't see him in the dream. We were talking on the phone. 
    I think I need to get a ticket to KY, and we can drive an hour to Cheesecake Factory to hang out and chat and eat a bunch of meat-filled dishes. ;)

I'm an only child, too. Well, kind of. My mom was married previously and had 3 kids. But she says since we all came from her, we're FULLY siblings. There's a huge age difference between us, so I've always felt somewhat isolated from the whole sibling experience. I think that kind of fuels my intensity to give DD a sibling.

@freakyfast, thank you for the good luck!! 
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck! Sounds like you had a great appt. 

I like to think ladybugs are a sign someone (I know, hopefully me lol) is about to get pregnant. When I was pregnant with DD, I had a ladybug live on my bedroom ceiling for months. I felt like it was good luck. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"