March 2012 Moms
Options

Any designer handbag lovers?

I have always used a backpack laptop bag since I was traveling around a lot -  they are much easier in airports or on the go.  Now that it looks promising to have a better "management" job, I think I need a respectable laptop bag.  I would like something in leather, and a color (not black or brown).  I am finding it hard to find laptop bags that are not "luggage" (e.g. Tumi or Equinox).  So far I found a Cole Haan bag on nordys.com, but I am not finding anything from the usual suspects - Kate Spade, Coach, B Makowski.  Do you know of anyone who still makes laptop bags?  I found a couple sites that sell brands I have never heard of, but that makes me nervous.  I'm fine with spending some money if I know it is good quality so I will get a lot of use out of it.
image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Any designer handbag lovers?

• Options
    eyenigheyenigh member
    edited August 2013
    You know I'm a bag freak! Are you not finding anything or just nothing that you like? I think Kate Spade had a laptop bag or two in the big online sale that unfortunately ended last night. What kind of features are you looking for? Do you need a huge bag for lots of things or would you be fine with something like this: https://www.zappos.com/product/8125031/color/406091?zfcTest=fcl:0 I carry my iPad in something like that and I really like it but a laptop is significantly heavier. I should also mention that despite my designer bag addiction, I still carry my laptop in an Incase skater style laptop backpack, too. It's so much easier to strap something like that on your back than tote it around on your shoulder, especially if you're going through airports. Maybe you could keep your backpack and get a crossbody sleeve for actually going to meetings or something?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Keep your eye on the men's stuff, too. My personal fav, Burberry, puts a lot of their laptop bags under the men's section.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    Or, couldn't you use a really big, flat purse for a laptop? Even if it wasn't specifically made for a laptop? I have some Betsey Johnson bags that would definitely hold a laptop or even my Gwen Stefani LAMB bags would be big enough.
    This is a great idea!
    image image

• Options
    eyenigh said:
    You know I'm a bag freak! Are you not finding anything or just nothing that you like? I think Kate Spade had a laptop bag or two in the big online sale that unfortunately ended last night. What kind of features are you looking for? Do you need a huge bag for lots of things or would you be fine with something like this: https://www.zappos.com/product/8125031/color/406091?zfcTest=fcl:0 I carry my iPad in something like that and I really like it but a laptop is significantly heavier. I should also mention that despite my designer bag addiction, I still carry my laptop in an Incase skater style laptop backpack, too. It's so much easier to strap something like that on your back than tote it around on your shoulder, especially if you're going through airports. Maybe you could keep your backpack and get a crossbody sleeve for actually going to meetings or something?
    Not really finding anything.  Maybe I am searching wrong.  It seems like everyone has moved to tablet bags and don't carry laptop bags anymore.  I have officially given up airports :)  I haven't traveled to other cities for work with my current position much, but I did travel between offices frequently.  In my (hopefully) new job it will be mostly travel between the building my practice will be located in and the connected hospital.  So nothing huge required.. something that could hold a standard laptop a notebook and my cellphones.  I liked the one you linked but i think I need something a smidge bigger.
    image image

• Options
    LilNunz1 said:
    Keep your eye on the men's stuff, too. My personal fav, Burberry, puts a lot of their laptop bags under the men's section.
    Good tip, I was looking under women's.
    image image

• Options
    My girlfriend pointed me to this MZ Wallace bag, which I think is really pretty.  I am currently carrying the Coach bright turquoise colored bag, so I worry about those two colors together, but it is a strong option.

I also found this on their site which I think is beautiful, but maybe not very good for carrying year-round. It seems summery to me.

image image

• Options
    MrsJetSet said:
    My girlfriend pointed me to this MZ Wallace bag, which I think is really pretty.  I am currently carrying the Coach bright turquoise colored bag, so I worry about those two colors together, but it is a strong option.

I also found this on their site which I think is beautiful, but maybe not very good for carrying year-round. It seems summery to me.

I actually thought the Indigo Faye, next to the quilted one was beautiful! I did just remember one more place for you to look. This is Jenny N Designs. She was featured on my fav blog, A Cup of Jo. All the bags are handmade and so beautiful. The Archive or Apprentoce would be perfect. Archive comes in tons of different colors. https://jennyndesign.com/category/archive-bags https://jennyndesign.com/category/apprentice The morning mist color is my fav.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"