Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

bears in bed

My husband & I have been at odds with whether or not to let out 13 MO sleep with his glow worm. He's afraid he's going to suffocate himself. I think it's fine. He's been having sleep troubles (which have been getting better) but he wakes up at 4:30 crying. Yesterday I let him nap with his glow worm...usually he sleeps for an hour before waking up crying but yesterday he let out a little cry rolled over cuddled his glow worm & went back to sleep for another 30 minutes.I think this could help him sleep better.  How old was your little one before you let them sleep with a bear?

Re: bears in bed

• DS has been sleeping with stuffed animals since he was 7 months old and he's been using his Scout puppy as a pillow since 12 months.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• aeh72aeh72 member
    edited August 2013
    We were nervous nellies about it too.  We only finally started letting DS nap and sleep with his lovey blankets when he was about 14 months old.  I'm sure we could have done it much earlier, especially once he was rolling over easily and even standing up on his own in the crib, which happened months before we finally gave in on the lovies.  I started with doing it during nap time so I could monitor what he was doing with them in the crib.  Half the time, they were no where near him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS sleeps with a lamb lovey and has for a while now.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I started keeping DS's Pal Scout and a blanket in his crib shortly after he turned one. He's 14 months now.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It is fine at that age.
  • DD had a blanket at 5 months and her teddy bear at 8 months.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We gave her a mini soft bear/rattle thing at maybe 8 months. Just started giving her a loose blanket at 1 year. We were nervous so waited but she probably could have younger since she stands, rolls, crawls everywhere so can definitely move it if its in the way. We also started with naps so I could monitor.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO has been sleeping with a lovey since she was 8 months old.  Now she sleeps with her baby doll, glow worm, and monkey lovey!  I would definitely allow him to sleep with his glow worm. 
  • DD has always slept with an A+A blanket as her lovey. I would definitely let him sleep with one!
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • We waited until around a year to add babies...now, at 16 months there is hardly room for DD! I think once they reach a year, the suffocation risk is minimal.
  • DS has slept with 2 bears, a shark, a cow, a cat, worm, and a monkey every night since he was probably 9 months old. He's cuddles them all night. DD has a soft doll, cow and monkey in the corners of her bed but she doesn't mess with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Once your baby can roll over independently, and pull to standing, I wouldn't worry about a stuffed animal. In our case the toy ends up on the other side of the crib after jr falls asleep anyway. I might just check to make sure he isn't chewing on something when falling asleep?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"