October 2013 Moms
Options

A little bummed

I'm a little bummed on the realization that with LO's due date we will totally miss the chance to go to the state fair this year.  I'll either be about to pop or have a newborn the week of the fair (it's the week I'm due) so no fair fun fo us this year!  Obviously not the end of the world, but the fair has a lot of significance for me and DH.  That is where we got engaged at on our 6 month anniversary and this will be three years since he proposed to me at the top of the ferris wheel at night.  I told him he may have to go to get me some super tasty but super bad for you fried cheesecake.  Especially if I've had the baby by then, since I've been diagnosed with GD I've been avoiding the sweets so I think after labor I will deserve a yummy fried treat!!  Like I said not the end of the world but the first of many realizations that life will never be the same!  Anyone else have anything they are a little bummed about missing out on due to having a newborn?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A little bummed

• Options
    My DH and I have a time share in French Lick, IN. That's where my grandparents eloped to, where DH and I got engaged and went on our honeymoon. The day LO is due is the first day of the timeshare.

I also miss hot fudge brownies from Friday's. I too have GD.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg

• Options
    I wouldn't necessarily say you can't go. I went to a fair type thing we have here either on or right after my due date because I was hoping the walking would help me go into labor. It ended up being really fun and didn't help at all with starting labor, not shockingly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If the fair is nearby I would still go (if you are still pregnant). I tend to still go on day trips and stay really active right up until delivery. I say, go for it!
  • Options
    I would go too, if I was still pregnant. Who knows, maybe walking around will help you go into labor and then it would be even more special to you guys.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Options
     my only state fair experience involved winning a def leppard foil painting. i will forever associate all fairs with this:

• Options
    We usually hit up the big fair here in sept, but doubting I'll be tolerant of the crowda thos year. Lol.

I say if you can, totally go for it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind going if I haven't had the baby yet, our state fairgrounds are only about 5 minutes from the house (and about 5 min from the hospital too).  I just know how incredibly crowded it can be, and here in NC it can still be pretty toasty sometimes in October, so it will be a wait and see kind of thing, if I haven't had the baby it will depend on how I am feeling!!

• Options
    we have Oktoberfest that I always go to every year. Its the weekend of my due date.

Me (32) DH (33)
    Surprise BFP 2-7-2013

• Options
    I still wanna go to all the Octoberfests and applefests and beerfests that Pennsylvania has to offer. I can dream!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

The way I see it, fairs and festivals and other events happen every year-you only experience the birth of your first child once, so I'm ok with missing out for one year. (FTM here) There will be plenty more to go to and share with LO which will be even more fun!

• Options
    I'm due on the 21st, and one of my best girlfriends is getting married on the 13th. I will definitely be bummed if we have the baby before her wedding and we have to miss it. Otherwise, I think I plan on shaking my tail feather all night in hopes to start labor :) lol
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    beernifer said:
    There is the youth fair in Miami but people keep getting shot at it. We don't really go to that.
    Good call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Options
    Ours is in late October as well, but you bet your ass I'm getting a fair corn dog or two and a turkey leg.  I may charge a corn dog as admission to our hospital room to see the baby.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Options
    anamouse said:
    Just think of how special it will be to go next year. Nothing I'm bummed about. I was thinking today if I go past my due date how close we'll be to Halloween and how much more awesome LO's b-days will be (costume parties!).
    This is one of the reasons I hope I go a little late- closer to Halloween! I want LO to have costume birthday parties too :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am bummed that we won't be able to go to any Ohio State football games. I am still trying to accept I will have to watch on tv.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm bummed that I'll be missing Halloween time at Disneyland. I can't buy cheaper tickets in advance because if I go into labor early, I could be out that money. Tickets do sell out, so advance is really the way to go. And I can't take LO to Disneyland until she's older.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"