December 2011 Moms
Options

Bedtime help

Wondering if any of you moms used to rock your baby to sleep and transitioned well to trying to have them go to sleep on their own? I hate to admit it but I still read to and then rock my little guy to sleep then put him in the crib. I know I know should have been done months ago. I just love our time together but now that I will have another little one to take care of  I can not keep doing this.He had become such a great sleeper I didn't want to mess with a good thing. Did any of you have success moving them into falling asleep on their own?  
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bedtime help

• Options
    Thanks glad to hear it went ok for you. I know he is a bit older I think I have been holding back because bedtime was such a smooth and easy thing totally my fault. Will have to bite the bullet and just jump in.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had rocked him to sleep, too, for the longest time. Then it turned into him needing to be held or touch one of us at all times, or else he would wake up. This happened for both naps and nighttime sleep. He then slept in our bed for a while until we couldn't deal with it any longer and sleep trained him. That was at 14 months and he is now a pretty good sleeper!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're not alone; DS doesn't go to sleep on his own (usually) either.
        image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"