Two Under 2

Tired

I remember wondering during my 1st pregnancy how I would ever be pregnant a 2nd time. I was so tired that I would sometimes come home from work and take a nap right away. How does one manage this while caring for a toddler? Well here I am 5 weeks KU. I'm not exhausted yet, but I sense it's coming. How did you deal with the tiredness? Did you get lots of help from DH to care for LO1? DH is ramping up to be super busy with work and I foresee lots of late working nights for him.

Re: Tired

• I remember napping after work the first time too.  The second time around you really just have to Suck it up.  My DH works late all the time, so I was pretty much on my own too.  I tried to go to bed as soon as DD was down for the night.  If you have family around to help or can afford to hire a mother's helper on occassion, I'd take advantage of that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS doesn't go to bed until 10, so it's pretty late to stay up since I have to be at work by 7 :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Whoaaa 10pm that's crazy.  When DD was little she was in bed around 8.  I would recommend decreasing his naptimes during the day and make his bedtime earlier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

gladygirlca
  • dh79dh79 member
    I am 9 weeks pregnant with #2 and have a daughter who is 12 months.  I am exhausted!  As PP said, you just have to push through.  I find that I spend more time lying on the floor watching DD play (compared to actively playing with her) than I used to.  Dinner has become sandwiches and takeout much more often.  I go to bed just as soon as I get DD down for the night.  My house is a mess.  And DH has definitely stepped up even though he is working long hours too.  I can't wait for the first trimester to be over!  Good luck!
  • I survived first tri by napping whenever my DD napped. Now that end of pregnancy tiredness is hitting, I'm napping with her at least 3 times a week as well. I have no idea what I'll do if I'm ever pregnant when my babies aren't on the same napping schedule...
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • jf198400 said:
    Whoaaa 10pm that's crazy.  When DD was little she was in bed around 8.  I would recommend decreasing his naptimes during the day and make his bedtime earlier.
    We do 10pm b/c that's what works best for our schedule. DH drops off at daycare late morning and then we both have several hours to spend with him after work before he goes to bed. We never liked the idea of having him basically go straight to bed when we got home. He's always had this schedule and it works for him.
  • I stay at home but we go for more slooooow walks where I can zone out, I lay down while he plays with his toys, and there is no fancy cooking happening here. Dinner was brown rice, fruit and leftover chicken for everyone. And I nap every single moment I get. I cannot believe how incredibly exhausted I am. I've felt better with the flu.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    gladygirlca
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"