Adoption
Options

How much did you hear about your profile while waiting?

I'm not in a HUGE hurry, but I really want to know if anyone is seeing us or considering us.  Wondered if others got updates, or just heard when they were chosen.  I wonder which is more difficult -- knowing you're being considered and not chosen, or not knowing anything until you're chosen?
My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

Re: How much did you hear about your profile while waiting?

• Options
    I sort of pried info out of our social worker and she said we were someone's first choice, but she thinks she is going to parent.  I wasn't disappointed, just pleased that someone liked us...
    My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• Options

We told our SW we'd check in every 4-6 weeks just to see how things were going. She seemed hesitant--I think she didn't want to have to tell us we didn't get many people wanting to see our profile.

They keep monthly stats, so after 6 weeks she was able to tell us how often we were shown the prior month. The next month we got a call asking about a specific case where we could decide whether to be shown or not (we declined due to some potentially major medical issues). The month after that we were chosen.

Given the stories I've heard (here and elsewhere) about people on pins and needles every time they were even being shown, I was more than happy to be kept in the dark, and be pleasantly surprised when we were matched. If we had waited a long time I might have changed my mind.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are contacted every time an EM is interested in our short profile to be asked if we want our long profile to be shown and to be considered. So, we know every time. It's kind of miserable, but we did say no to one of the situations (due to heavy, heavy alcohol use), so we do feel it is important that we're asked, even though we filled out what we call "the spreadsheet of doom" with which situations we were open to. But, if there's not a specific EM interested in us, we don't hear a peep out of our SW, which can be hard, too.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    We are asked before our profile is shown to any EM.  This way we decide before hand if we are comfortable with the situation.  We got a call about a stork drop, and everything was good until one piece of information was provided which was the deal breaker.  Not getting weekly calls or anything so I just assume nothing is going on with the agency when there are no emails being passed along about situations.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"