Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

7 months old with hard BM's

Recently my 7 1/2 month old has been having hard BM's.  My ped recommended using apple juice, but to be quite honest I'm not thrilled about giving him juice just yet so I wanted to see if anyone could recommend something else that could work.  I have been decreasing the amount of rice cereal, bananas, and apples we give him (reverse BRAT diet) and he seemed to be fine for a bit, but has now gone back to hard little pellets.  I feel so bad for him and just want to try to help him get back to normal.  He is still breastfeeding so I'm not used to having any troubles with this!  Any advice would be great.

Re: 7 months old with hard BM's

• Options
    Prunes helped DS. I give them to him every couple days.
  • Options
    nkl08nkl08 member
    edited August 2013
    DS was having the same problem and I didn't want to give him juice either. We have been giving him a couple of ounces of water a day and it seems to be helping. We also had to limit bananas and apples as well. He is also EBF. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would do prunes like pp suggested and pears. I noticed when dd eats these she goes more often. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My doctor said they can have as many oz of water as their age. So you could give her up to 7oz/day. Though I don't think I could get my LO to drink that much! I don't like the idea of juice either but my LO was crying when she had a BM so I did decide to give her watered down pear juice. I mixed 2oz of juice with 6oz of water. I only had to give it to her twice before seeing a big improvement.
  • Options
    ObLaDiObLaDi member
    edited August 2013
    We did lots of fruit purées (apples were still fine for him), stopped bananas and rice, encouraged water and BM. It took 4-5 days but now he seems to be having soft poops again, knock on wood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"