Cincinnati Babies
Options

Always hungry/sick.. recommended apps/sites or maybe dietations?

I am from Cincinnati and 8 weeks pregnant. I'm always hungry and feeling sick. I've been snacking but crave more the unhealthy snacks (peanut butter granola bars, etc). I've always been a Weight Watchers member as I enjoy learning about eating healthy, etc. Does anyone have a recommended app, website or maybe even a dietation they use to help them with gaining healthy in their pregnancy? I might just have to wait until I get out of my first trimester because nothing seems to help that doesn't make me feel so sick!

Re: Always hungry/sick.. recommended apps/sites or maybe dietations?

• Options
    Hey there! I remember when I was pregnant with my DD in the 1st Tri, I was very hungry and felt sick all of the time. Reaching for all of the unhealthy foods, mostly carbs, seemed to help. Although PB Granola Bars dont seem too unhealthy to me ;) I know how it feels to be stressed about weight gain. I have struggled all of my life and being pregnant isnt any different. I will tell you that whatever weight you do put on eventually comes off (this being my 3rd pregnancy) with hard work as always. I too am a weight watchers member and am planning on tracking my food intake/calories online, after I get out of this sickness phase. I unfortunately don't have any other tracking suggestions however, try not to stress about the weight gain and enjoy being pregnant bc it is an amazing experience. Good Luck!
  • Options
    I know the feeling! I am 9 weeks along, and not eating as healthily as I know I should be.. I try to balance the fatty, carb heavy foods with all the essential fruits and vegis I know we both need, but I find I am most nauseous when eating healthier choices. I have made it a point to make myself eat at least one meal a day full of fresh fruits and vegis and lean protein, but feel sick the entire time.. Starting my pregnancy 10-15 lbs over my ideal weight anyways, I am worried that if I can't make myself ignore what I want to eat and force down the healthy choices I will not only gain too much weight, but will jeopardize the health of my child. 

Any one out there having similar difficulties? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    During my first tri, I ate anything that sounded good and I too had to eat very often, so I basically grazed all day. I found some low sugar (not sugar free or fake sugar added) protein bars, kroger brand and would eat a few of those everyday, my doctor said that was a good choice -to get in protein especially if you have meat aversions. I ate a lot of toast, pb crackers, grilled cheese, and chick fil a grilled chicken sandwiches. Unfortunately, I started this pg overweight, and was told I could only gain 15-20lbs total. So far, I've gained 6 pounds. I don't count calories, I just listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry and try to make good choices (not over indulge). Good luck!
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"