Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

TMI ? and dreading my 1st period

I go back to teaching in a few weeks, and I'm utterly terrified that AF is going to pop up while I'm standing at the front of class teaching. High school kids would just LOVE to make my life hell with that. I'd forever be THAT teacher. 

Anyway, my TMI question is, before your first PP period, did anyone have a lot (I mean a LOT) of whitish-yellow discharge for a few weeks beforehand? I woke up this morning and almost puked, I've been exhausted the last few days, and my tummy was really cramps earlier this morning, and I've been feeling some vague cramps for a few weeks now, so I'm thinking maybe AF is making her comeback. I Googled and all I could find about this specifically was about the discharge right after giving birth. All I could find about PP period symptoms was the normal period stuff, so I just wanted to ask. 

Re: TMI ? and dreading my 1st period

• Options
    I want to know about this too!! I'm going through the same things you are and I thought I could be pregnant, but the tests have been negative so I'm assuming it's my hormones adjusting to bring AF back.
  • Options
    @beccalee721 , that's my issue. All I can find online is that it's a symptom of early pregnancy, and of course since I'm BFing an infant, some of the other symptoms aren't any different than what I'm already experiencing. DH and I have only DTD a few times in the last couple of months, and considering how unlikely it is to get a BFP while BFing, I doubt that's the case for me. But the nausea + discharge are what kind of have me wondering. Happy to know I'm not the only one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not really sure since I haven't gotten my period yet either, but I wanted to say you can get pregnant while BFing. That's how my DH ended up with a brother close to his age. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    @Cellis, I know, and I'm sure I'd be one of the lucky few to get pregnant while BFing :) Not that it'd be a bad thing, we're planning on more kids, so it's all good. Maybe I'll just take a test just to get that thought out of my head. 
  • Options
    Take it and find out! I actually went and got the blood test done this morning, just to be sure. Before I got pregnant with my LO I was having a lot of hormonal issues and once by doc cleared me to start trying my hormones were going crazy and I was sure I was pregnant. Turned out to just be my body adjusting back to normal. So, if nothing else I'm assuming that's what my body's going through right now and it's preparing to get back into the normal swing of things. And until my body gets settled I'll continue to have random pregnancy-like symptoms.
  • Options
    I did notice an increase in CM before my periods started. I will say that my periods have been MUCH heavier after giving birth. So you might want to have a change of clothes and lots of tampons/pads handy at work.
  • Options
    I didn't notice an increase in CM, but just wanted to say that with DD I used to feel crampy every now and again and I was sure AF was coming, but didn't get it back until 15.5 months postpartum.  Still nothing with DS ::knock on wood:: 

The good news was when it finally came back it was very light for the first cycle or two.  Just kind of a brown discharge (I actually wasn't sure if I was pregnant again or if it was AF).  So maybe even if it does start it won't be so dramatic as you are imagining.
  • Options
    @sschwege, I hope that's how it goes for me! I'm about to hit month 8, and I know it's coming soon. @MrsRJC, were they only heavy the first few cycles, or is that seeming to be the new normal for you? 
  • Options
    I've only had 3 periods but they have all been pretty heavy.  :(
  • Options
    I get extra lubricant (idk what you call it) just before mine starts. I didn't have cramps, but I was tired like PMS tired. MH says he can tell because I get very stoic. Nothing excites me or makes me mad. He accuses me of becoming a Vulcan just before I start. Take heart - my very first period after delivery was VERY light. The next month it was lighter than my normal periods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"