Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Pedialyte for 5 month old

My son has some really bad diarrhea he's pooped 6 times today very watery.. I am wondering how much pedialyte to give him.. It doesn't say on the back it says consult doctor for dosage for infants under 1.. My pediatrician is not available right now but at his 4 month appt he mentioned it would be ok to give it to him if needed

Re: Pedialyte for 5 month old

• Options
    I would call your ped if he's having frequent watery diarrhea. Pedialyte is fine to help him from becoming dehydrated, but you'll want to know the reason for the diarrhea - there might not be one, but it would be good to talk to someone. A pediatrician should be available, or have someone on-call, 24/7. 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    My dr said 3 to 4 ounces a day is okay for my LO and she is 4 months.
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is he still producing wet diapers?  If he is, he's not dehydrated so no need to worry.  The watery BMs won't necessarily do that and often look worse than they are.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    When my ds had projectile vomit at 4-5 months, my pedi said try to give him 10mL every 10 minutes or so for an hour.  We didn't get past a couple doses because he puked all that up too, so not sure how much.  If your pedi is unavailable, or doesn't have someone to guide you, then call your insurance nurses line.  They should be able to help you out.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"