New to The Bump

New to The Bump?

Hi everyone - and welcome!!

If you have any questions about how these boards work, where to post, or anything - please feel free to page me by tagging me (@BumpJackie) in your post or private message me!

Some advice to newbies -- take a look around the boards, feel out the conversations and learn about the purpose of boards before jumping in :)

Glad to have you here!

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: New to The Bump?

• You say people should learn the purpose or feel of the boards but it seems like they're not. Some people are going on boards without reading anything and then are running around screaming and crying foul because they didn't test the waters first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    There can be only one.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey @cocohkn -- I am seeing your activity as you post. Where do you see July 21?

Here is your activity: https://forums.thebump.com/profile/comments/10003640/cocohkn

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

• Is there a FAQs page? I haven't logged in since before all the changes took place so I'm not really sure what I'm doing anymore.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My name is Margo. I'm from Central Texas. I'm new to TheBump. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Hoping for a girl. Got a 5 yr old boy starting Kindergarten soon. I'm a little nervous!! First time my child going to school :) I'm liking TheBump so far. Just now creating badges and tickers for my signature. Hoping I did it right. Lol. 
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimageimage  
    Its a girl photo: Its a girl its_a_girl_heart.gifdisney princess photo: Disney Princess disney-princess.gif

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Still didn't work. How do you post tickers and badges?

imageimageimage  
    Its a girl photo: Its a girl its_a_girl_heart.gifdisney princess photo: Disney Princess disney-princess.gif

• How do you post your badges and tickers on here? I'm a newbie. ;)

imageimageimage  

• Hello everyone, my name is Amanda and Im new to thebump... well to forums in general, this is one of the first posts Ive ever written... welcome to 2013 right? That's me stuck in the stone age ha! Well Im 32 and recently had my first baby who is now a month old... things have a been a little hectic lately so I haven't had a chance to do much of anything until now. Anyway I thought I would reach out to ladies who have gone through, are going through or who will be going through what I have. Pregnancy, birth and caring for a newborn have been some of the best things in my life so far but also some of the most challenging. I'm looking forward to the support and hopefully helping others too. I'm not sure how to do anything on here but am searching around and trying to figure it out!
  • mummy8mummy8 member
    edited September 2013
    @BumpJackie what is the star symbol indicating on the posts or why tapping it.. It turns yellow or blue?
  • @bumpJackie, also whete can i find the glossary to these abbreviation s everyone uses? Is there one?
  • Not new to The Bump but I have a whole new SN. So I feel new and refreshed!!! \m/

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Hello ladies, I am new to the bump and I do not know how to do anything lol, from posting a forum (if I can even do that), changing my profile picture, typing an "about me" the list goes on. so far I love everything I have been able to figure out, any advice?
  • @T4YLOR
    Go to the "my account" section. There is a lot to learn and play with in there. It's suggested the month and year your LO was born to go and introduce yourself, such as Seltember 2013 (if you had a baby born in that month). Say HI and give a story about yourself. Give and seek advice. Good luck! Don't take some of the women's comments to heart. It can get cray cray! Lol!!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Hi all, brand new to The Bump too (former Knottie from forever ago!) and like others have no clue what I'm doing with signatures or abbreviations. @BumpJackie, Would you tell me where I can find the list of abbreviations & glossary? I did some searches but seems like the links people posted in the past were out of date (?)  Thanks and so very looking forward to all the advice, venting and positive thoughts in these Communities! I really need all of it!
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi everyone.
    I'm new and totally confused with everything :)
  • SarvenaZzSarvenaZz member
    edited November 2013
    dear ladies can you help me with the signature and ticker saving and so here i have saved my ticker but it's not shown in my post.
    i'm not a native english speaker and not familiar with the forums so 
    :P
  • Hey everyone! I'm new to TB, but I'm not a total newbie with TTC. I have learned some things from my own research, but I still need help. Which is why I'm here :)

I actually have a question about my chart and my OPKs. They're not exactly lining up. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
  • Hi all, brand new to The Bump too (former Knottie from forever ago!) and like others have no clue what I'm doing with signatures or abbreviations. @BumpJackie, Would you tell me where I can find the list of abbreviations & glossary? I did some searches but seems like the links people posted in the past were out of date (?)  Thanks and so very looking forward to all the advice, venting and positive thoughts in these Communities! I really need all of it!

https://tbttgp.wordpress.com/
    This is the link to the most current acronyms on the site. I've been having problems with understanding all of them as well. Hopefully this helps the both of us!
  • mummy8 said:

@bumpJackie, also whete can i find the glossary to these abbreviation s everyone uses? Is there one?

Click this link, they're all there.
  • I would just like to know what all of the abbreviations mean. Like DH and SD and DD?? I've been on for a few months and get it in context but dunno what they actually mean.

This has all of the abbreviations used on the site (lacking a few). If there's any that aren't listen, feel free to ask about it. But try not to ask in the newbie board, because newbies aren't going to know either.
  • Thank you @SophieGirl1992 !
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BumpJackie how do I change my profile name? I would like to use a jazzy handle. Currently my full name is showing up.
  • I'm new to the Bump changes (been on the The Knot, The Nest forever!!!) I've posted many things to previous posts years ago, but now with all the changes I'm trying to figure out badges, signatures and just getting a better feel of everything on the site. I'm glad I found this post to help me out! Thanks @BumpJackie
  • Hello, im new to the bump. Im 26 years old. Im single but want to start a family. I was diagnosed about 2 years ago with PCOS. I've never been too concerned about it as i had so much going on at that time. The older i get the more ready I am to have a child. I've been doing some research on PCOS and its time to get it under control because honestly it scares me. Im also struggling on If i can afford iui, again im doing this on my own. Im happy to have a place like this to vent and talk to others with similar situations like mine. I'd really like any advice or suggestions any one has for me, hopefully i can be helpful in return. Also feel free to ask me anything. Thank you
  • Hello first time  on the bump. My wife and I are going to start trying for a little one soon.I cant wait. She is already a great mom to her to kids. So I feel confident that I wont feel alone when the new bundle of joy comes.God I have already been slamming her with a million questions. lol.

• I concur. I've felt the wrath of the wrong forum and will make sure to triple check before writing again, lol. 
  • UrsidaeUrsidae member
    edited March 2014
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    April Siggy Challenge: Bunny Fail

• UrsidaeUrsidae member
    edited March 2014
    Test 2
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    April Siggy Challenge: Bunny Fail

• Hello, new to the  bump. My husband and I are trying to conceive, just took this pregnancy test and can see a faint line. You have to look pretty close. Is it just wishful thinking or could this be positive?

Thank you!
  • Oops here's the pic!
  • New to the site, been lurking around looking for the right board to ask questions on. Me and dh are ttc with no luck the last 6 months and despite having a good time it's been depressing. Any advice on a good board @Bump Jackie
  • Hi all, new to the bump, though I've used the Knot when I was getting married. I was on one other pregnancy site and more or less stopped going because it seemed like I wasn't getting anywhere. And all of the discussions in groups were heart breaking or scary. And I'm sure everyone is aware that the last thing a pregnant woman needs is something to worry about. So hopefully I can meet some awesome people to get my baby fix in :) And learn a lot of information along the way. 
  • JoeSFJoeSF member
    Hi, new here.  Just wanted to introduce myself.  Our baby is two days over due and we are super excited to meet her.
  • Have a quick question I'm 27 with no job, live with parents. Need help to tell my dad please help.My mom said it was my job to tell him
  • Hi all!! I'm new to the Bump after coming over from the Knot! Super excited to be here! My husband and I are TTC we started on May and I have missed my period but two negative tests later we are going to keep trying and get an appointment with my doctor!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @BumpJackie Hi Jackie, I'm not exactly new, but I can't seem to figure out how to get my ticker/signature to work...is there something I'm not doing correctly?
    TTC History 
    First IUI: 7/7/2014 - 7/21/2014 BFP!!
    8/15/14 - 7 weeks 5 days EP :(

• I don't know how I stumbled on this thread but I have been looking for something like it and the whole welcoming board for a while and for some reason, I couldn't find it. Maybe I am just being obtuse, but it was hard to find for me.

But hi. I'm me. I'm ttc and needed a place to talk about it. There's not really any other info I want to share at the moment.
  • The first I was directed to from the app was trouble TTC and man oh man was that the wrong place for me to be..... People are so harsh if you post in the wrong place
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"