Single Parents

Jealous of couples

I keep reading and hearing stories about women who have partners with them for the birth and stuff. I'm ordinarily happy to be single but now I wish I'd be able to do this with someone I loved.

Then I feel kinda guilty for feeling that way because my best friend has been amazing and so I do have support.

Re: Jealous of couples

• I'm glad you have support but I think it's normal to. Feel the way that you do! I feel jealous a lotto epically as I get closer.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• My sister is my support system. I never really had partner jealousy cause she has been so awesome.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the same way sometimes.  Especially since a guy that I work with wife is pregnant and due a week after me.  He knows that I'm in the middle of divorce and the circumstances surrounding it, but had the nerve today to ask me what would make a good push present, really?!?  He's relatively new and we are by no means friends, I don't care about what you plan on giving your wife.  He has also made multiple comments and asked a lot of questions about maternity leave and how since we work in a small office that it'll be hard with both of us gone and since the office is so small FMLA doesn't apply and he really wants to be there for his wife and baby 24/7 in the first couple of weeks.  I just keep thinking well good for you, it's great that apparently you're a real stand up guy, but quit rubbing it in my face.  

I also don't necessarily want to be with some one, but it would be nice to have some one to share in the more intimate moments, that normally take place between you and your SO.  I have wonderfully supportive family and friends, but they can't take the place of a SO.  So I have moments where I think about what I feel I'm missing, I just try to concentrate on the fact that I'm having a baby and all the joy and excitement that comes with that.
    BFP 9/10/12 m/c 10/26/12 BFP 2/10/13 Blighted Ovum m/c 3/12/13 
    Surprise BFP 4/15/13 Mark Anne Born 12/15/13 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was single when I delivered, my mom was in the room with me.  If I ever get married and get pregnant again, I don't think I'd let my husband in the room.  I'd rather have my mom. LOL my lawyer said she felt the same way with her two pregnancies.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My H was with me the whole time at the hospital, we were induced and remained for 4.5 days. It was awful, I just wanted him to leave me the hell alone. I'm considering not allowing him to be present at the birth of this child because he is so draining, and I don't need to be worrying about him during labor.
    -A well-tended garden is indicative of a well-tended soul.-
    image  image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"