Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Do any of you mom's know about clothe diapers? good or bad? Best way to purchase?

this is my 1st child and I am considering clothe diapers. Wondering about everything with them?

Re: Do any of you mom's know about clothe diapers? good or bad? Best way to purchase?

• No personal experience, but my cousin loved cloth diapering. Check out the CD board for a wealth of info...https://forums.thebump.com/categories/diapering

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• I got a lot of information from the owner of Simple Baby.  She does a diapers 101 class in various locations around Fort Worth and that was really helpful because I also knew nothing.  She has also been very helpful about answer questions I've had since then.  There is a website and facebook page if you want to look it up www.simplebaby.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • You need a visit to the Nappy Shoppe in Plano! You can get everything you need there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby is 13 weeks old and we absolutely love cloth diapers.  Before her birth, I had changed 2 diapers in my entire life, and everyone told me I was crazy for even considering CD.  I bought quite a few different brands and styles used either on craigslist or Facebook diaperswap groups.  As long as you "strip" the diapers (a process of cleaning them to remove any and everything), used works well.  Now that I know what I like, what works for her, and what husband likes (that's a biggie too), I bought diapers in the brands we prefer.  I thought I would like the pocket and all-in-one designs (great for caregivers since they go on like disposables), but it turns out that I really prefer prefolds and fitteds.   I've visited the Nappy Shoppe, and they are fantastic at explaining styles, washing, etc.  Based on our investment, we'll "break even" financially when baby turns 5 months.  Since we are planning on more kids, diapering will only cost us the price of doing laundry.  Also, for our baby, she has major MAJOR explosion/leak issues in disposables (we pretty much have to change her clothes every other diaper change).  With CD, we rarely have leaks (we change clothes once or twice a day).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"