May 2012 Moms
Options

Night waking

DS has fallen asleep on his own and slept through the night for many months now. Starting Saturday night he just won't sleep. He goes to bed okay then after a few hours wakes up screaming. If we pick him up he stops crying immediately. If we put him in our laps he will sit there quietly and play with his spare paci for a long time. After probably an hour he will go to sleep. If we try to move him back to his crib he wakes up and starts screaming again. We have tried CIO because that is how we sleep trained the first time but he just stands in his crib and cries the entire hour. I thought it might be teething because he is getting in his sixth tooth but this has not happened with the previous ones and giving him medicine seems to make no difference. I just don't know what to do. We all need some sleep. Oh, and cosleeping is not an option. TIA for your advice.

Re: Night waking

• Options
    No good advice but to say Lucas hasn't been sleeping well latly either but we bed share so I get some sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I bet it's just a phase and will pass soon.  As babies reach developmental milestones this can happen (or so I have read from here and other places).  Is he thirsty?  I know my LO will wake a few nights a week and not be able to soothe himself back to sleep.  I change his diaper and give him about 2 ounces of milk.  Once that is done he puts himself back to sleep.  I want to wean from the milk and go to water though very soon.  But that might be worth a try?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ebl2ebl2 member
    DD has been waking up once or twice more than normal for the past week. I know she is breaking in a new tooth as well but like you said, no medicine seems to help. 
    I'm sorry I don't have any advice either. DD will just nurse back to sleep when she does wake up so it's not as big an issue. I'm sorry, I know how cranky everyone can get when they don't get enough sleep. I hope it ends soon for you! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    Emma was a through the night sleeper from day one. At about 11 months she started waking once or twice a night like this. She is still doing it. I think it is all te new things she is learning. Walking, talking. Hopefully it is just a phase for you and me!
    Tara
  • Options
    Ds sttn until about a month ago, the cat is getting old and senile and yowls at 4 am, waking lo. Then he had a fever after his vaccines so we've gotten into nursing at 4. I thought I was done with night feedings but the game keeps changing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"