Dads & Dads-to-be

Traveling without Dad

My DH doesn't have a lot of vacation time with his job. My mom and dad would like me to come visit my family in Ohio in late September with baby....hubby is very against that idea because he is afraid of missing something (or at least was the last time we talked about it). Any tips on how to talk to him about this again? Baby will be about a month at the time and my mom and dad will be coming out to travel back with me.

Re: Traveling without Dad

• At a month old, the baby will not do anything that would be considered a milestone.  I would see if there is anything else that might be bothering him about this trip.

Also, as I have found out, your child will do a lot of milestones while your husband is at work.  In my case since my MIL is our primary care giver I can get the information first hand and be able to repeat it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Agreed with the milestone thing.  He won't miss major milestones for 4-5 days that early.  At one month, your child is still sleeping the bulk of the day away.

It might just be that he isn't ready to be away from the baby for that long, that soon.  It could be an expense thing.  He could be worried that something may happen to you on the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"