Adoption
Options

Adoption/Fostering Check In ~ August 5, 2013

It's that time again... check in! 
Welcome to all of our new posters - I apologize I haven't been around this past week, but I am excited to get to know you more and support you through your journey! 
Congratulations to a very special mama who brought baby home this last week... we are all holding our breath for those 30 days to pass quickly! 

Okay... Now for the check in... 
1. Tell us about your Adoption/Fostering journey: What are you doing? Where are you in the process? How are you feeling about the process right now? Any new or exciting things you want to share? Really, here's your place to say what you want about the journey! 

2. What is the craziest thing you have done since you turned 22 years old!? 

3. Post a picture of your partner/kids/animals or of yourself! 

4. If you could do anything (doesn't matter about the time/money/opportunity) before your next birthday, what would you do? 

Have a great week everyone! 
Began the Adoption process 4/2013
Home study Approved 12/2013
.... and the wait begins! 

Re: Adoption/Fostering Check In ~ August 5, 2013

• Options
    1. Tell us about your Adoption/Fostering journey: What are you doing? Where are you in the process? How are you feeling about the process right now? Any new or exciting things you want to share? Really, here's your place to say what you want about the journey! 

We are in the process of DIA. We have finished up filling out the crazy amounts of paperwork for the home study... Tonight I FINALLY finished our Adoption Profile Book. Now I just need to get a friend or two to look it over so I can make changes before I submit it to our SW to get approved. I never realized how long this project would take or how stressed I would get over it. Thankfully, I banned myself from the internet except for random 10 minute breaks until it was complete. I'm ready to be in the waiting stage... I know when I post in a couple months about waiting I'll be saying how I miss this paperwork stage! 

I guess you could say that buying our house after looking at only 2 was probably the craziest thing we could have done... We love it though and don't regret it for one moment. We got an incredible deal on it too!

Why is it so hard to post a picture?! ARGH! I apologize is this picture is huge. 

4. If you could do anything (doesn't matter about the time/money/opportunity) before your next birthday, what would you do? 
    Fly to London and spend a week there with the hubs! 
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• Options
    Domestic infant adoption, up to 12 months. We had our visit with the SW for our homestudy update last Monday and now we're just waiting for the write-up. I'm still feeling really discouraged though, and we're considering the possibility of IUI in a couple months. I'm still really torn. We still really want to adopt, but I just have not been handling the wait well in the last few months.

DH and I ziplined across a gorge between Zimbabwe and Zambia last year right next to Victoria Falls. Absolutely terrifying but so worth it!

I can never get pictures to post correctly but I'll try...if it works this is of us before the zipline.
    Adopt a baby!!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    aligross said:

I haven't posted for a while because I feel like I am just waiting and waiting. We filled out our foster app and are just waiting for someone to stamp "approved" which apparently takes 5 weeks. Then classes then home studies then more waiting then maybe kid!
    I am feeling like I just wish there was something I could do, hard to explain but I know I want this child to come next year, that was the plan and it is a good age for DS to be when I add another (in terms of me being able to handle 2) but even though that is the time frame I want I just wish there was something I could be doing. At least if I was PG I could think "Ok today I am forming a baby so I am doing something not just waiting." I know that probably sounds crazy.

I have been pretty lame since college, I bought a house when I was 22, adopted our first dog and got married at 23. Maybe zip-lining in St Lucia? That is pretty lame, I need to do more crazy things.

imageimage
     This is my former foster Chicka, My dogs Beelz and Hadley and DS Logan

Here is me, DS and DH 2 Easters ago

Travel around Greece. I have never been but I want to go so badly.

• Options
    Adopting a child from Uganda. :)  We got our waiting list number last week which was very exciting!  It made it feel more real to us than it ever has!
    Hmmm...I've had a lot of crazy adventures on my world travels, and have met some fascinating people which I have loved. :) A lot of other people thought I was crazy when I opened my dance studio, but I didn't think that was crazy.  :) Still others think that my husband and I are crazy for adopting (LOL), but we don't think we're crazy. :)  So...I guess it's all relative?
    Okay, I'm going to try this to see if it works!  The first is of me and my husband, and the second is of my Fur Child "helping me" organize my books!  He (the Fur Child, not my husband haha) is a Chunkster!  I love him though!

Two things: The first is that I've always wanted to climb to the top of a large mountain like Pikes Peak or Mt. Kilamanjaro, so I would love to do that.  The second thing is that an opportunity that has arisen that I am keeping private!  Haha!
    I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • Options
    IdigDirt said:
    aligross said:

I haven't posted for a while because I feel like I am just waiting and waiting. We filled out our foster app and are just waiting for someone to stamp "approved" which apparently takes 5 weeks. Then classes then home studies then more waiting then maybe kid!
    I am feeling like I just wish there was something I could do, hard to explain but I know I want this child to come next year, that was the plan and it is a good age for DS to be when I add another (in terms of me being able to handle 2) but even though that is the time frame I want I just wish there was something I could be doing. At least if I was PG I could think "Ok today I am forming a baby so I am doing something not just waiting." I know that probably sounds crazy.

I have been pretty lame since college, I bought a house when I was 22, adopted our first dog and got married at 23. Maybe zip-lining in St Lucia? That is pretty lame, I need to do more crazy things.

imageimage
     This is my former foster Chicka, My dogs Beelz and Hadley and DS Logan

Here is me, DS and DH 2 Easters ago

Travel around Greece. I have never been but I want to go so badly.

Oh my word, your dogs are so awesome!
    I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • Options

Oh my word, your dogs are so awesome!

• Options
    IRRIRR member

1. Tell us about your Adoption/Fostering journey: What are you doing? Where are you in the process? How are you feeling about the process right now? Any new or exciting things you want to share? Really, here's your place to say what you want about the journey!  DIA after two failed adoptions in the last 8 months starting to feel hopeful again.  We just got a hand me down crib and pack-n-play and hoping it brings good karma

HA since I am double that age, I have done a ton of things.  Crazy was moving to Chicago at 23 for grad school, moving back east at 30, or spending a month in Europe after being downsized or having to tell a boss who was in England at the time that I was closing the office on 9/11 and he wasn't getting the reports he was expecting that night.  Also getting SCUBA certified since diving still scares me to death every time I go.

Not sure how to post pics. Perhaps someone can let me know if attaching the file like I did is the right way.

4. If you could do anything (doesn't matter about the time/money/opportunity) before your next birthday, what would you do?  Since my birthday is next week, I would love to get THE CALL and become a mom.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    kva11ishokva11isho member
    edited August 2013

Currently waiting to be matched for DIA.  Homestudy approved in January, 2013.  I have times where I'm really excited, and OK with the wait and other times where I'm ready to throw in the towel and move to the tropics!  Today is a day where I'm ready to throw in the towel.  We do have two birth moms looking at our book this week, but even that has been a roller coaster for two weeks now...

I'd say packing up all my stuff and moving from Michigan to Ohio.  DH and I had been dating for 6 months and he was in Michigan still, finishing up school.  I moved into his parents basement and got a job working with both of his sisters...  I'd say there was a lot of risk involved in my decision to move - but it worked out in the end!

1) Become a mommy!
    2) 5 year anniversary trip/honeymoon (finally!)
    3) Lose another 30-45 lbs

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options

So we're in this blown wide open adoption... We have 22 days left until TPR is final---which I guess is better than 30. This is terrifying me. I literally feel paralyzed. We've had 3 visits with the birth family in the 8 days that baby has been placed with us... I enjoy the visits, but they also terrify me.  I'm trying to face this all boldly and with a giant open heart--- otherwise, I'll have a migraine.

Oh---I've been boring forever. I honestly haven't done anything crazy.

Umm... not this week. Later. Soon.

Hawaii. As a family of 3. Kauai.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Tell us about your Adoption/Fostering journey: What are you doing? Where are you in the process? How are you feeling about the process right now? Any new or exciting things you want to share? Really, here's your place to say what you want about the journey! Finished 4th PRIDE class.  Can't wait for the home study after.  I actually am learning a lot in the class and appreciate the teachers so much.  I am realizing this really can actually happen and my DH and I might finally have a child soon (Infertile 4 years).  Afraid to hope too much as many of you know.. :-)

I am 36 so lots of Crazy.  Mostly I have traveled all over the world.  Love traveling.

I don't know how to but if I figure it out I will.

Stress free vacation.  Spa Retreat with meditation and massages...in the mountains but access to the beach..Yep I can dream :-)
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • Options
    Lets see if this image works..
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"