December 2013 Moms
Options

Daycare DON'T

Just found this listing on CraigsList. oh wow. Really glad we have someone lined up!

HI my name is ********* 32 years old . I stay on the ******location******** i have for opens for 1st shift 5 for 2nd shift 5 for 3 rd shift i have lots of toys swimming pool cable we do reading moves for kids and i take in all ages i can pick up and drop off if need me to i have 3 kids 17 female 14 male 9 female i have a room for my 3rd shift kids i charge 125 a week for one kid and 50 more a kid for each family so if to kids 175 a week 3 kids 225 a week 4 kids 275 a week i have lunch dinner breakfast snake to for kids call if you need me now can start asap i do have a great dane who loves kid all kid love him to ****phone****  i have my 17 year old helping with kids she will be 18 next mo
BabyFruit Ticker
Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13

Re: Daycare DON'T

• Options
    Yikes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eeeeek
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ruuuuuuun!!!
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options
    Errr...
  • Options
    It's nice of her to give a clear warning... to NEVER give her the time of day!
  • Options
    So will he/she be teaching my child those mad grammar skillz?

One of the things I've noticed on places like Care.com is these 18 and 19 year olds wanting to be nannies and citing "years of experience."  Yeah.  No.  You may be sweet kids but I'm not going to hire you to be a full time caretaker to a six week old.
    It's definitely up to you, and you need to be 100% comfortable who watches your kid, but I wouldn't write someone off just because of their age.
    By 18 I had spent over 8 years babysitting and that included children from 6 weeks old until 10 years old. I handled multiple children at a time and 2 of them had severe special needs (think tube feeds, trachea (sp?), heart monitors, etc.). That's not the case for everyone, but sometimes those "kids" really do have years of experience. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Nope
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    Creepy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    That's just frightening!
  • Options
    I just had to do the math and.. man I could have a kid in college..  that's weird
    Yup, I very easily could have an 18 year old. Several from my graduating class do have 16-18 year olds. Then of course there is my slightly older friend that just became a grandma...lol, I love to call her that B-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • Options
    What's aditionally scary is that 95% of ads for "in home care" are just like that. At least they were around here when I was looking for DC for DS. **shudder**

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• Options
    Wow! Makes me glad I'm able to be a SAHM! Scary stuff that.
  • Options
    I'm speechless. Couldn't her 18 year old read over that for her at least? My oh my!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    Omg was that all one sentence? I seriously just got shivers down my spine.
  • Options
    Hi Teal!
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    Why did I not think to look on Craigslist for my child care??? :-/
  • Options
    reading that hurt my eyes and gave me a headache.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MamaCBear said:

teal owl said:

:lurking:

I would in a heartbeat email that woman and tell her that her poor grammar is the reason you wouldn't be interested at all in her. She needs to know that!

FWIW - my dad isn't as bad as that, but that's how he writes on FB, emails, etc...that poorly spelled 'jerky' typing. It's awful and it stereotypes him as uneducated which he's really not! It's so hard to read without giggling.

Teal!!! So nice to see you here. Hope you're doing well. Love love love!!

I'm just peachy! We're done TTA, so we will see if we will get lucky this month. A May baby don't sound too shabby.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"