Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Announcements

Hi ladies!

I apologize if this question may be offensive to some of you, but I just don't know who else to ask.

I know my situation is probably a little different in that I had twins at 25 weeks and 2 days later, my daughter passed away. My son is home now and doing pretty well, all things considered. So, my question is...
We're considering sending out announcements but I don't know how to do it. I want to celebrate my son, but I alson don't want to ignore the fact that my daughter was here and is not longer with us. I don't know that there's etiquette for something like this and I don't know how to do it tastefully and still respect my daughter's memory.

Again, I am sorry if this may be hurtful as I know many of you did not get to send out announcements and I know I am lucky to still have one, but I still lost my child. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: Announcements

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I think you should do what feels right to you. And if that is including your daughter in the announcement, I would not worry what others think. Have you tried looking online for ideas? I am sorry I don't have any ideas for you. Best of luck and (((hugs)))
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    XathXath member
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.  Do whatever makes you comfortable.  The sayings mrsgerman posted are a great starting point (and I may steal a few).  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you all so much!  I really appreciate your help! Mrsgerman: those are great! 

• Options
    I think bread08 is/was in nearly the same situation. Maybe try paging her? She seems really sweet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.  Do whatever makes you comfortable.  The sayings mrsgerman posted are a great starting point (and I may steal a few).  

This.  There is definitely no right or wrong answers - you should do whatever feels right to you.  And if makes people uncomfortable - there is nothing comfortable about this situation. 

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious baby girl...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ((hugs)). I think announcements are a great idea and I like the ones posted. Hopefully that will get you started. You could also say something like "On X date, we welcomed baby boy and baby girl into the world. We sadly said goodbye to baby girl on her second day of life but were thrilled to bring baby boy home on X date. We will forever love and miss baby girl."

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad to hear your son is doing well though. Jbranden12's suggestion is good. But really, whatever you're comfortable with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"