Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Depressed about baby weight :(

Before I had my bab, I was a very active person - literally couldn't keep still . All in all I would probably have 1-2 hours of sitting down time a day, some days less. My body has got used to this and my weight stabilised and I cold eat 2000 calories a day to maintain my weight. Whle I was pregnant I gained 3 stone! And eat 2500 calories sometimes more sometimes less but not much less mind. Yet I still kept active - my midwife would go mad because I was doing everything but resting I walked everywhere then would come home and do housework my house was gleaming and I would then prepare a lovely dinner for hubby and son when they to home, do the dishes leant he kitchen .. Basically didn't sit down until after 8 pm then bed at 9 then up at 5.. Always on the go. My baby is now 8 weeks old and my body and metabolism are in sock! With 8 feeds a day every 2 hours feeing for an hour then winding, cuddling etc... I'm never off the blooming setee. I must be sat on my ass 10 hours plus a day easy. My baby does nap during the day but it can take a while to get him asleep and to stay asleep somewhere other than my arms. The precious hour or 2 he is a sleep is spend showering, getting ready, hair- makeup, ironing, prepering evening meal, making bottles.. Things that require 2 hands! My baby weighs 14 lb now and it kills my back and shoulder caring him around everywhere and if I put him down he cries so we just sit on the sofa :( I know my body needs an our of high impact cardio everyday to balance out if the sitting so I can loose wight but I don't have that time. My house needs cleaning the dinner needs to be cooked, the ironing needs to be done.. If I do t do it no one will. My hubby works all day and night as he runs his own business and its in that stage where it's not stop to make it work. So I can't turn to him for help with chores or have our son an hour every night so I can work out. His phone is like a hot line which does not work with a colicky baby. I'm so depressed being stuck at this weight I know it's not forever but I feel so unnatural and huge right now I just want to do something about it! Now! to maintain my current weight I can't eat anymore than 1500 calories which I'm still hungry on that. Realistically because of what my body is used to I would have to starve myself and eat 800 - 1000 calories to see any weight loss without exercise. I don't want to have to do this but I don't feel like I have a choice. Does anyone have any other suggestion? Anyone been through or going through this? I love my baby I just want I be happy with my body so I can be a happy mummy and not a sad one :(

Re: Depressed about baby weight :(

• Options
    Sorry I forgot to add, if I take my baby out in the pram for a long walk up hill which would work great for exercise he will fall asleep then when I get home he won't nap again so I'm stuck for making bottles, doing chores, showering, preparing food, all the other stuff i have to do while he sleeps
  • Options
    Have you considered baby wearing? If you get a nice carrier, like the Ergo or Moby, you would be able to do a lot of those things that require two hands while carrying your baby, without hurting your back. The Ergo is specifically designed to reduce back pain for the wearer. 

My baby is still too little to wear, but I plan to wear her around the house once she's a little bigger so I can do all the things you mentioned. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, are you BF? I've heard BFing burns an extra 500 calories a day, so that could help with your weight loss goals. Good luck!

• Options
    Sorry you are feeling this way. Can you put your baby in a swing? I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 week old baby. I've worked out once but we do go into town twice a week and walk. My husband doesn't expect a huge dinner every night. I seriously wouldn't worry! You gained that weight over 10 months. You shouldn't expect to lose it in just 9 weeks. Take your time Momma!!! You will figure something out. Fresh air knocks kids out. Take advantage of it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I second the baby wearing suggestion. I had tried to baby wear when my son was three weeks old and it did not work for us at that age at all. I recently decided to give it another shot because I could not get anything done during the day because he wanted to be held 24/7. It works so well for us now (he is almost ten weeks). I get all of my house work done and am able to get out of the house for errends and exercise. He sleeps most of the time and I am no longer confined to the couch.
    Oh and if you are breastfeeding cutting that many calories can reduce your supply drastically (my sister did and her milk dried up). GL
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies, I really needed this support! I've never joined a forum before and I'm glad I I'd now. The ergo sounds perfect! I'll give that a try thank you. I did breastfeeding for the ristorante week but I opulent manage more than that- with my husband work scheual and no family around I was stuck in bed as my baby took up to an hour to latch ( dodgy nipples) and when he did latch he would cluster feed 4 hours on 1 hour off. He still cluster fed when I turned to bottle feeding but he is settling down now and feeds every 2 hours. Wish I would have stuck with bf but he won't latch on anymore now at all he just screams and I feel like I'm forcing him. Anyway thanks ladies hope your all doI g well and hugs to ou all x
  • Options
    Sorry about the spelling- it's 3am and I'm writing this in the dark lol
  • Options
    MrsWahidi said:
    Have you considered baby wearing? If you get a nice carrier, like the Ergo or Moby, you would be able to do a lot of those things that require two hands while carrying your baby, without hurting your back. The Ergo is specifically designed to reduce back pain for the wearer. 

My baby is still too little to wear, but I plan to wear her around the house once she's a little bigger so I can do all the things you mentioned. 
    This! I bought a Baby K'Tan and LOVE it!!! Hands-free, I can get so much more done, and my DD loves it so much. She usually falls asleep in it. I'm self-employed and work from home with the babe, so wearing her has been a lifesaver!!
  • Options

I know exactly how you feel, my son is about 10 weeks old and I am in the same boat for time wise, busyness and sitting around. I don't really have the energy to go work out as much as I desperately want to. I used to be thin and in shape and I agree this new weight is not forever , I know it will take a lot of time and hard work to lose it but I agree sometimes it just doesn't help or feel good on the confidence. I'm trying vitamins to help boost my energy so when my son is down I can get off my lazy ass and clean so that at night I can go for a long walk. So I know where your coming from, your definitely not alone. 

• Options
    I feel your pain.  I gained 70.5 lbs this pregnancy, and still am 40lbs above pre pregnancy weight.  This is my 3rd, and I lost the weight much quicker with the other two.  It is not falling off with this one.  And because I have 2 other children, not as much time to work out!.  My oldest will start school in a couple weeks, so I am hoping to be able to hit up the gym more.  But I have no clothes and hate how I look!  Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"