June 2012 Moms

whines/cries most of the day....

does anyone else's 13 month old cries/whines most of the day. He whines when I put him down, when I leave the room,  even if I give him something he wants,  if I close a door and he didn't get to close it. I play with him most of the day but he'll still cry than too!  it started off with whining now it's turning into a full blown hard cry!  I've tried upping the amount of food, he's not sick! we went to the doctors.  I try to encourage words to get him to communicate but nothing is working.  Is anyone else having the same problem? and what should I do? thank you!!!!!

Re: whines/cries most of the day....

• DD is showing some anger/ frustration lately. It is usually when she is tired...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • thank you for the responses! I was also hoping I was not alone in this and will take any advice!! I know my LO is teething.  we use teething tablets and oraljel.  I just wasn't sure if teething would cause him to cry just because he didn't get the close the door to a room we walked into or just because he's pointing at something and I'm not sure what he wants! it could be teething! 
  • Loading the player...
  • unaveragejaneunaveragejane member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I think they're in a frustrating stage right now. They just can't communicate all that is going on in their little brains right now. I try to let it roll off of me and give DS as much exploration time as I can. It means more messes to clean up later, but it's also gotten my house cleaner in the end. haha What also helped was seeing a couple of different blogs/FB posts of pictures of toddlers crying with explanations like, "She's crying b/c she can't reach the balloon she asked me to throw her," when the balloon is literally right next to the kid. It made me realize that they're just going to cry some now, and it's okay not to be able to fix it every time.

ETA: Here is a link to one that helped: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/reasons-my-son-is-crying-tumblr_n_3038336.html

• I'm not sure if your baby goes to daycare or not, but my daughter does not. I'm a stay at home mom for right now. With that said, I babysit another girl to help keep her in the loop, so to speak, in the socialization department. When the little girl isn't at our house, AJ can be extremely whiny, if I'm not entertaining her at every moment. When the little girl is here, she totally chills out. I would suggest some sort of regular play date if possible. Otherwise, I think it's ok for them to whine and not always get what they want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is doing this more often and it is driving me nuts. She does it when I am cooking dinner. She will just whine at my legs and not let me move. I give her snaks around this time but she still does it everyday. I decided last week when she starts to whine to put her in the PnP while I cook and it has gotten better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • we're in the same boat :(  hopefully its just a phase
  • thank you sooooo much!!!  it's nice to know I'm not alone in this phase! @unaverage.... thank you for that link! I definitely had a laugh and was able to smile about the whole crying phase! 
  • DS is going through a major clingy phase too... he would not go to his dad or grandma... and if he wants something he would cry and whine unless you give it to him ... it is so frustrating sometimes.. but i guess this is a phase and it too shall pass 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are going through a really whiny, fussy stage as well. And the screeching. My God, the screeching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"