December 2013 Moms
Options

Is it Normal for Super Active Baby at 22 Weeks?

I went from subtle barely there sporadic kicks at 18 weeks. It picked up bit by bit these past few weeks, but certainly not all day and never more than for a few minutes of kicks. All of a sudden last night I went to bed and the baby was kicking non-stop. Not sure when baby stopped because eventually I fell asleep. Today the baby has not stopped kicking. I am getting constant movement. I know baby is getting bigger and so I'll feel it more, but it is normal to go from really sporadic once in awhile kicks to sudden constant movement? I can't help but wonder if something is wrong, but that could be my PGAL brain. I can page midwife on call since it's the weekend, but thought I'd ask here first because I'm a FTM and I just don't know what's "normal". I'm 22 weeks.

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!

Re: Is it Normal for Super Active Baby at 22 Weeks?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    My little guy is non stop also. Its normal. Try not to worry. Actually decreased movement is more worrisome
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, prime baby-movement time is 24-28 weeks, as that is when they are big enough to feel more of, yet there's still enough room for them to get down with their bad selves.  You're probably just entering that phase a little early.  It's been so long since my other two were in utero, I can't remember my own experiences.  My kid seems to change it's mind every day or so...I'll have a couple days where I feel just tiny kicks, then a day or so where it's really movin' and groovin'.  (I'm almost 19 weeks - have been feeling daily movement since 17.)

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel movement constantly when I stop and sit down, only very seldomly when I am moving around. But once I sit or lay down it is game on for my little one

• Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback :) I love the Jurassic Park reference, I'm going to have to use that one with my family once I start seeing the belly shake like that!

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • Options
    My baby moves a lot at certain times of the day and when she does, my stomach looks like the glass of water on jurassic park
    haha, mine definitely is the same! DH was watching my stomach jump around last night.  And totally normal OP, as someone said, decreased movement is more worrisome than too much :)

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO will keep getting more and more active until closer to delivery when the baby doesn't have as much room to move constantly. LO will just be kicking you with fierce at that point lol.
  • Options
    My LO is insanely active; at our A/S the tech said he was one of the most active babies she had seen in a loooong time. And she said that was a good thing. He continues to kick and punch me all day and all night, haha. So yea it's fine :)

• Options
    I'm 22 weeks as well and this baby has a party in my tummy 24/7. My two others were very active as well. It's normal.
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing the last 2 days this girls has been bouncing around like crazy.. Thanks for making me feel better knowing its normal.
  • Options
    Mine went nuts week 21, now week 22 he's slowed down so much I started to worry. But I woke up last night and realized why, he's wide awake at night must be sleeping during the day :)
  • Options
    I woke DH up at 1am last night because the same thing was happening. Bubs was so active he felt him kick twice :)
  • Options
    my little girl moves constantly. for awhile, she was actually keeping me up at night because the movement consumed my attention, but this morning i just shoved a pillow under the side of my belly and let her play gymnastics while mama got some more sleep lol. i am in for some trouble once she gets out, that's for sure. super active!
    my read shelf:
    Ashley 's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Mine went nuts week 21, now week 22 he's slowed down so much I started to worry. But I woke up last night and realized why, he's wide awake at night must be sleeping during the day :)

Baby tends to sleep during your most active times. Atleast thats what I read.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"