Food Allergy

Grainy Poops= Allergy?

Hey ladies.  Wondering if anyone has had something similar.  DS has had really soft poops for a while now and more recently its been grainy.  Its almost like sand.  Even after I clean up his poop there are little specks that are hard to wipe off until they dry they kind of just fall off.  He doesn't have diaper rash, he doesn't seem to have painful BMs or anything but I'm just wondering, maybe I should try a gluten or dairy free diet?  He has been really fussy at night especially when we lie him in his crib and often sleeps curled up on his tummy so maybe he is uncomfortable.  I would hate for something like this to go untreated.  I know I need to mention it to his pediatrician and they will probably want a stool sample, but for now I just want to know if you have heard of any similar experiences?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Grainy Poops= Allergy?

• My DS has had that kind of poop before. I'm pretty sure it was due to something that didn't agree with him... at the time I suspected buckwheat as he had just eaten it for the first time. I haven't seen it recently, and I haven't given him buckwheat again. I do remember another on of the MSPI mamas mentioning sandy poop, I can't remember if it was due to dairy or soy... Sorry I'm not more help, it might be worth a check in with your pedi (and yes they will probably want a stool sample, just save a diaper in a ziploc in the fridge right before your appt). GL!
  • that happened to my daughter the first few times she had oatmeal or any type of grains. she eventually outgrew it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"