June 2012 Moms
Options

Baby gym , wee fit, my gym, Gymboree etc..

So my DH registered DS at my gym yesterday. It's basically activities for baby kinda like a drop in day care if you ask me. Anyway, the so called head trainer staff person, picked DS up and would hang him swinging upside down and chase him down. So at circle time, where the parent normally holds thier child while following the teacher, this staff member takes my DS out of my Dhs hands and puts DS on her lap doing what he parent should be doing...it was so weird. I was pretty upset about how she hung and swung DS upside down at our first class. I was shocked and didn't expect it..just wondering if anyone else has enrolled and what has your experience been? How would you feel if this was your experience?

Re: Baby gym , wee fit, my gym, Gymboree etc..

• Options
    Sorry all the typos..typing on my iPad.
  • Options
    Wow! We did a few classes at Little Gym, and the instructor was pretty hands-off with the kids. They did have some activities where the kids were flipped upside down, but the instructor would guide the parents in how to do it...spotting them, I guess. A couple of activities (like on parallel bars) would require two adults, but that's the only time I remember the instructor touching the kids. On one hand, I think it's kind of nice that your instructor was trying to bond with your LO, but on the other hand, I wanted those classes to be time for me to bond with my DS, so I'd feel a bit frustrated. And if the instructor did anything that frightened me, I would definitely speak to him or her after class. All of the Little Gym exercises had reasoning behind them, but our teacher also reminded us to skip the ones that freaked our LO's (or us) out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do my gym every week and sometimes the instructor will take LO to show the rest of the class how to do what to do. I don't mind it. If you do mind I am sure you can request for them not to chose your LO and they won't.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We do my gym every week and sometimes the instructor will take LO to show the rest of the class how to do what to do. I don't mind it. If you do mind I am sure you can request for them not to chose your LO and they won't.

Yeah, the weird part was she wasn't the teacher leading the group. There was only one other child there during circle time. She was one of the helpers and what she was doing wasn't what the teacher was leading. She was doing her own thing. I will definitely speak up next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"