13 Weeks Pregnant

Dealing with a lot of negativity!

Hey everyone. Has anyone dealt with people who are negative about pregnancy? Im in my 2nd trimester and I was congratulating baby, I just get the ignorant comments.... "Oh you aint seen nothing yet!" "1st trimester was the easiest" and "just wait until the 3rd trimester"

I cant complain about a little nausea without being basically called a baby, and things like suck it up, thats nothing

Im really getting sick of it. the last straw for me was when my own sister said my boobs were gonna get big and flat with stretch marks. 

I know this is all true but I dont need to hear it. my first trimester was overall not bad, I had my downs but I stuck it through and stayed positive
I try not to complain because what my body is going through, to me, is amazing and im embracing it. It's almost like people cant stand that im positive about it and want me to be miserable

Honestly, I think this will be a semi easy pregnancy. and if it isnt, it isnt. Nothing I can do but just try and stay positive thru the negativity

Re: Dealing with a lot of negativity!

• I hear ya! I complain I'm tired and get the " your gonna be tired for the next 18years" really?!??!? Ugh I try not to complain because I'm really not wanting to hear he negativity. I say im fine and they are getting the hint. Hang in there :)
  • How about the ones who haven't been pregnant before, telling you to "suck it up" when it comes to your severe morning sickness? That was a gem...
  • Loading the player...
  • I hear ya! Another thing that's been bothering me are the women telling me to enjoy every moment of being pregnant... this is after I explain I haven't been able to get my head off of the pillow and it feels like I have the flu all day, everyday (with exception of a couple of hours late morning). 

I know they are just trying to be supportive, but it makes me feel even more guilty when I do feel discouraged for feeling like garbage.

Anyone else a runner? God that's a whole other conversation!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"