August 2013 Moms
Options

Dear Diary...no urge to nest...

I feel like we've seen a lot of posts related to nesting. Meanwhile, I feel like the urge has completely missed me. I have to drag myself off the couch just to run the vacuum in one room or put away a load of baby clothes - and it's been like this for weeks. I hate cleaning, I hate laundry, I hate yardwork, I hate organiazing...gah. I feel like a nesting failure. Anyone else just NOT get the urge to nest?
image"">imageimageimage"">image"

Re: Dear Diary...no urge to nest...

• Options
    I haven not been bitten by the nesting bug either, and I really need to be!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    hstautz said:
    Haha I have the urge to buy a lot of expensive home decor... As for cleaning no urge what-so-ever.
    Yes, decorating and online shopping for decor - those urges have NOT bypassed me. Not even a little bit.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally agree!  I have absolutely no urge to nest...I just want to sleep once I get home.  I'm pretty sure my husband is nesting more then me... he wants to fix EVERYTHING in the house before LO arrives.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've known the nesting phase was never going to hit me. I'm 36+5 and if I get bitten by the nesting bug it will totally surprise me. I feel the same as pp, it's an effort to vacuum one room much less do anything else that day. I have been cooking and baking this week though.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I wish I had no urge. It's given me anxiety and I can't relax in my own home. Count it as a blessing!
  • Options
    jbbolton said:
    I wish I had no urge. It's given me anxiety and I can't relax in my own home. Count it as a blessing!
    That sounds terrible...but I bet you don't look around your nice, clean house and feel guilt and shame. Grass is always greener. Maybe if you gave me a bit of your urge - we could meet in the middle! 

• Options

jbbolton said:

That sounds terrible...but I bet you don't look around your nice, clean house and feel guilt and shame. Grass is always greener. Maybe if you gave me a bit of your urge - we could meet in the middle! 

That'd be nice!!!
  • Options
    I have the urge, but not the motivation. I keep getting annoyed that my house isn't perfect, but I don't have the motivation to get up off my butt and do anything about it.
    yeah...., that's me too.  I look around and make mental lists of all the stuff I want to clean, but actually do it? no thanks!!  I just hope I recover quickly and can get on it before the holidays.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    I could have written this word for word. Nesting doesn't happen to me. I'm just too fat and lazy for that lol

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    The nursery is clean and organized. Everything else isn't. I have no urge to clean at all either. Sad

• Options
    I only get the nesting urge in the hours when I should be asleep. It sucks!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I don't know what's worse- not being bitten by the nesting bug or being driven crazy by it. I've scrubbed the inside top to bottom and now I'm driving DH insane about getting the yard just so. I really don't think that pressure washing the driveway, walkway, fence and soffit are going to make a difference for LOs well being lol.
  • Options
    I never got the nesting bug at ALL with DS and I had one, single day with the desire and motivation to "nest" before DD arrived and that was (3) days before she was born at 37+ weeks. So it may hit you but you will defiantly still have a baby without the bug :)

• Options
    I never got the urge to nest before DS was born. It hit after I came home from the hospital.
  • Options
    No nesting instinct for me yet. I am hoping something clicks when I am out of work. I am not too worried if it doesn't happen though.

• Options
    I am normally such an organizing neat freak, so what worries me is that I have none of that. Did I lose it forever? Or is this laziness temporary!?!? *sigh*
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I've been bit by the nesting bug three times, and its been extremely unpleasant. Feels like a slow-moving panic attack. I'm agitated, irritable and jittery. (And by no stretch is it to imply that my home is clean, far, far from it!)

You all can have my nesting bug. I don't need this sh!t right now.

• Options
    I have a mental list of all the messes bothering me and no motivation to do it... I am barely keeping up with laundry and dishes! Nursery is workable but somehow my normal decorating bug has totally left me, I have 0 inspiration
    image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"