Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Intro - Henry's story

Hi. I've been reading your posts for a little while and wanted to share my own story, as it seems like I've found people who will understand what I'm going through.

My firstborn child Henry was born and died on June 4, almost 2 months ago. I was 36 weeks pregnant and my water broke while at work. The whole pregnancy was healthy and uneventful. When I arrived at the hospital, they found I was dilated at 4 cm and from there, things progressed quickly. I went in at 1 pm and started pushing around 12 am when i was fully dilated. At one point before that, probably around 6 pm, we did have one scare where Henry's heart wasn't registering on the monitor for 8 minutes. They started prepping me for an emergency csection while simultaneously putting an internal heartbeat monitor in place. But, then his heart went right back to normal and things calmed down. I went back to waiting, and then, as I said earlier, started "practice" pushing later on the night. After about two and half hours of pushing with no progress, the doctor came in and decided Henry's head was in awkward position that wouldn't allow him to come out.

At that time she decided to do a c-section, as it was nearly 3 am and we weren't getting anywhere. They wheeled me into the operating room and told me on less than an hour I'd be holding my son! They checked his heart beat again right before making the incision, and it was strong. I remember them making the cut and that it felt so gross, but I stayed strong and squeezed my husbands hand so hard it bruised!

The next thing I remember is feeling very drugged and trying to come back to consciousness. When I did, I saw my husband had tears in his eyes and I heard a lot of counting, which, it turns out, was the sounds of them trying to resuscitate my son. We still don't fully understand what happened, but the doctor said that Henry was "stuck" in my pelvis (which is apparently odd-shaped) and they couldn't get him out in time. He was stuck for nine minutes and they had to call another, male doctor in to get him out, who, according to my husband, literally stood on the operating table straddling me, bent down, to get him.

It was all so shocking. I think I might just be starting to comprehend it all. I've just never, ever heard of anything like this happening before! I'm super sad and just hope that my son didn't feel pain as he died.

Has anyone else heard of such a thing??

Henry was just beautiful! 7 lbs, 20 inches, with his dads face and curly dark hair!! I really miss him.

Re: Intro - Henry's story

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious son. Henry. I'm sorry you have to be here, but welcome.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    Thank you! Here is a picture of my sweet boy : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss of Henry. He looks like a beautiful boy. Your experience sounds very traumatic for both you and your husband. I am so very sorry.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    I am so so sorry for the loss of your dear son, Henry. I am sorry to have to welcome you here, but hope you find this board as helpful as I have.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of Henry. He is a beautiful baby boy. I have not heard of this happening. Was his cord compressed? big big hugs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    ***ticker warning***

I am so sorry for the loss of your son, Henry. We never want to welcome anyone to this board, but know you have found a group of women who understand how you are feeling and while we may have different stories, they all had the same heartbreaking ending. Big hugs and welcome.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss of Henry. He was very handsome. I hate welcoming people but you are always welcome here. The support is amazing and I hope you can find comfort like I have here.

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy, Henry. I hate to welcome any one new to this board because I know that they have lost one (or more) of their sweet babies.

((HUGS))

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your son Henry.  He is so beautiful.  I hate that you had to go through such a traumatic experience and I hope that you find the support you need in this board.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I am so completely sorry for the loss of your sweet boy Henry. He is beautiful!! you are among friends here who understand your pain and heartache. We are all here for you!! Huge hugs!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    Very sorry for the loss of your sweet Henry. He is beautiful! I wish you didn't have to join us but we are all here for you when ever you need us.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your baby boy, Henry.  Such a beautiful baby!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, I wish you did not have to be here but this board is full of so much love and support.  So many ((hugs))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    Henry is such a beautiful baby - I am so very sorry for your loss.

I've never heard of a situation like yours, but I hope you can find some comfort from this board.  It has certainly helped me.

Prayers with you and your DH...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words of support. It means a lot! I don't understand some of the terminology on this board, so please forgive me if I didn't use it or offended anyone. I guess there are no instructions for going through this kind of thing. Once again, thank you all very much!
  • Options
    Henry is beautiful and so is his name.  I am so sorry for your family's loss.  I wish  that none of were on this loss forum.  It literally breaks my heart to see all these babies gone too soon.  I hope you find what you need here.

TTC#1 since June 2011. 3 early losses before 6 weeks. Hope Olivia born and went to heaven July 26, 2013.

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby, Henry. I cannot comprehend what you must be feeling. I am so sorry you had to go through something so awful and so traumatic. No one deserves to experience such a tragedy. I am sending you soooo many hugs. This is a great place of wonderful ladies who will lift you up. I hope you can find some peace here. Oh hun, I am so very sorry.

Ava's Story

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your Henry. I lost my Henry March 24th of this year. This board has great supportive people, and I hope you find strength with us, like I have had. Thoughts and Prayers. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"