February 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone experience bacterial vaginosis?

PriscillaV33PriscillaV33 member
edited August 2013 in February 2014 Moms
Has anyone dealt with bacterial vaginosis while being pregnant? It's very frustrating! Any advice would be great!

Re: Anyone experience bacterial vaginosis?

• Options
    Supposedly I had it with my 2nd baby, but the meds never helped me, & my doctor (who was NOT the one who diagnosed BV) told me it was just something that happens sometimes with a cerclage, & it wasn't BV, but the issues would go away after my cerclage was out.

So if the meds aren't working, it's possible they misdiagnosed you, & you really have another issue, or, maybe you just require a different med.  Not all of them work on everybody the same way.  Hope you find out soon, b/c it sucks, no matter what it is, one infection or another...
  • Options
    The meds did not work and I did go back and the culture came back normal. I told the doc that I felt like i still had symptoms and he thinks it will turn out normal. Now recently it feels like my symptoms have gotten worse so I'm sure I'm gonna go back again so I can get another exam.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have it right now cannot be treated until second trimester
  • Options
    My symptoms are discharge, itchiness, and some odor as well.
  • Options
    i have had this multiple times in my life, but never while pregnant. come to find out im all out of whack with my pH down there so its just somethign i have to randomly deal with. i dont know what you can do for pregnancy but i would say if meds arent working, worth looking into something else. 

hugs, its no fun!
  • Options
    I've had it before, but not pregnant. I've also had a yeast infection at the same time (definitely not fun!). You should have received a safe antibiotic. Once I took it as directed it went away and I felt better. It's common during pregnancy for it to re occur due to the hormone changes. If you're still not feeling better, go back to the doctor so they can try something else.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am going back to the doctor tomorrow so ill see what happens.
  • Options
    I was actually going to create a thread on this. I had BV a few months ago, only symptom was pain during intercourse - OUCH. Went to my ARNP, she prescribed the metronidazole gel, I used it for a week, things got better. Hub and I haven't been having much sex these past few weeks (due to my nausea and not wanting to throw up all sexily); I was feeling thankfully normal last night, so we tried, but holy crap, it hurt! I think I have BV again. Going to call my midwife and ARNP, not sure which I should see, but pretty sure neither of them will be able to do anything about it for another two weeks... I'm only 11w1d today. :/
  • Options
    Yes it is very frustrating this will be my second time having bv so far...hopefully it clears up for good this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"