October 2012 Moms
Options

Does your baby eat sugar?

I have seen a few comments about donuts and gelato. Does your baby eat sugar?
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your baby eat sugar?

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Yep. She has had bites of whatever treat or dessert we are having. She has had cake, donuts, ice cream, and jello. MOTY right here. LOL. It is not an every day occurrence though.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Not really. He had some plain frozen yogurt but that's it

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have given dd bits of things but more just a taste than like a meal.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Options
    RayT1RayT1 member
    {I'm the guilty gelato feeding mom, the evidence is in HDBD}

DS has gelato or ice cream once or a week, sharing with Dh & I. 
    Other then that he does not get much sugar, I make my own baby cookies/muffins and the sweetner is apple sauce, bananas or vanilla. 
    I really don't have too much of a problem giving him a treat sometimes, if he's going to eat everything else that we are eating...then why would I prevent him from a little taste of something sweet.

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

• Options
    No I dont give her any sweets. She doesn't really care for sweet things though, we have tried to give her a fruitier pouch with like mangos in it and she didnt like it I tried it and it was super sweet. 
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    She's had some water ice. Kills me as a dietitian but she loves it so much.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    Nope. He hasn't really had anything with added sugar yet, except mum mums, which I thin do have sugar. I'm sure he'll have a taste of ice cream at some point this summer, and cake for his bday...but I definitely don't want it to be a regular thing. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    She's had some water ice. Kills me as a dietitian but she loves it so much.
    same here with the water ice!! she loves the lemon. 

• Options
    Just tastes of whatever we're having here and there. Not regularly.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    clrgrdfrk said:
    I have given dd bits of things but more just a taste than like a meal.
    same here.  DD has had tastes of sweet things, like a bite or two of cake at a party, a bite of a donut, but she eats good meals (she'll eat anything!) so I'm fine with it. 
  • Options
    Isn't breastmilk full of sugar (lactose)? Regardless yes she has had it. Moderation is key in my house. She loves full fat pain yogurt.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    No desserts for DS. Most of the sugars he gets is from BM and fruits. I do bake muffins and DS gets it every now and then at breakfast. Once in a blue moon if we make pancakes for b'fast, he gets that too.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    LO has tastes of almost everything we eat, So he has eaten some ice cream and cake. Only tastes though not a full piece. I think its good for them to try a wide range of foods. I'm not too picky but I wasn't pleased when MIL gave DS a sip of soda.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Isn't breastmilk full of sugar (lactose)? Regardless yes she has had it. Moderation is key in my house. She loves full fat pain yogurt.
    Hehehehehe autocorrect. Quit hurting that baby with yogurt! ;)
    Lol! Yeah I am a biznitch like that. Between the pain yogurt and the sugar! AHHHH
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    Blake has just gotten a few tastes of sugary stuff that I eat.  Like others have said, it's not an every day thing.

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • Options
    Nope, nothing but fruits for something sweet.
    Us too.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    Just mum mums and bread and fruit. Nothing good like cake and ice cream. That is all for me - back off baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    pb_bride said:
    No desserts for DS. Most of the sugars he gets is from BM and fruits. I do bake muffins and DS gets it every now and then at breakfast. Once in a blue moon if we make pancakes for b'fast, he gets that too.
    This is us too. We don't give DD things with added sugars like cake, candy or ice cream, but she does get fruits, full fat plain yogurt, some breads. And she loves pancakes!

I don't judge those that give sugar but we just don't feel the desire to. I figure, all in good time!
  • Options
    Also, I'm friggin' tired of being judged for NOT giving my kid sugar. Like, my relatives are constantly going on about how I need to "loosen up" and "let her live a little". Dude...she's 9 months old. She has plenty o' time to live it up with sugar. Gimme a break.
  • Options
    mrs.ike said:
    Yep. She has had bites of whatever treat or dessert we are having. She has had cake, donuts, ice cream, and jello. MOTY right here. LOL. It is not an every day occurrence though.
    This.  I had to give him a lollipop to keep him still at his first hair cut (we did it really early, a few weeks ago, because we were visiting my mom in Florida and I wanted her to be there for one of his "firsts").  The other night we were at a fair and I gave him some of the fresh donuts they make there.  They're FAMOUS for these donuts.  And other than that just bits of sweets and desserts if we are eating them.  It's pretty rare but it's happened 
    :\">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nope too soon for all of that in my opinion
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We give DS some sweets, a bite of my muffin, a little ice cream but we make sure nothing has chocolate in it and it isn't super sweet like cakes and cupcakes
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So I was a FREAK about not giving her sugar - refused to give her puffs / yogurt drops because they had sugar in them - etc.  Well two things happened - 1) we started supplementing with formula - the only formula she'll drink is similic sensitive.. and first ingredient is sugar.. and 2) she started eating regular daycare food... nilla waffers and nutrigrain bars are common snacks.. so I'm over it.

That said I try to limit the straight sweets and give her veggies, fruits, meats, carbs (pasta / rice / bread) and really limit her "sugar foods" at home.. 
  • Options
    LauraT25 said:
    So I was a FREAK about not giving her sugar - refused to give her puffs / yogurt drops because they had sugar in them - etc.  Well two things happened - 1) we started supplementing with formula - the only formula she'll drink is similic sensitive.. and first ingredient is sugar.. and 2) she started eating regular daycare food... nilla waffers and nutrigrain bars are common snacks.. so I'm over it.

That said I try to limit the straight sweets and give her veggies, fruits, meats, carbs (pasta / rice / bread) and really limit her "sugar foods" at home.. 
    Sugar is the third ingredient, FYI.
    I'll split it with you - according to this one its 2nd: https://www.diapers.com/p/similac-sensitive-powder-formula-232-oz-7583

I swear when I looked it was first (though this one says corn syrup solids then sugar... awesome)  BUT I remind myself how much sugar I eat and thus.. what was / is in my breast milk... :)
  • Options
    I avoid giving her anything with a lot of refined sugar (like cakes, cookies, etc.), but DH loves to give her pieces of whatever he's eating. Since he has a ridiculous pancake addiction, she's had a lot of little pancake bites, and the occasional piece of a cookie that DH can't resist giving her.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"