Food Allergy
Options

What to drink besides WCM?

If your LO can't have WCM what do you give them? Pedi advised against rice milk because it didn't have as much fat I believe....said almond milk was a good alternative but DS hasn't had any tree nuts and I'm nervous to give him anything like that until we've been to the allergist. So I'm just curious...what do you use? DS is 13 months and I feel a bit behind since he is still taking 3-4 bottles a day of neocate.
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What to drink besides WCM?

• Options
    My LO's drink some rice milk each day. I cook with olive oil/drizzle it on veggies, and they eat avocados, so they get healthy fats. Sometimes I add pea protein powder to the milk, but not very often. I think sunbutter has a good amount of fat in it. [Point being, they can get fat, protein, etc., from foods as opposed to mainly some form of milk].

Coconut milk has a good amount of fat it in, but my LO's don't like it very much. They love coconut milk ice cream though. :)
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    We started my twins with rice milk at a year (one has a milk allergy, the other soy & peanuts)...we switched to almond milk at about 16 months. They did well on both - healthy and growing.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS drinks coconut milk. He also eats a lot of avocado for good fats.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD drinks rice milk each day.   She tolerates yogurt and cheese really well so she gets full fat both of those each day.  Happy and healthy 95% baby over here :)

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    RVASC811 said:
    If your LO can't have WCM what do you give them? Pedi advised against rice milk because it didn't have as much fat I believe....said almond milk was a good alternative but DS hasn't had any tree nuts and I'm nervous to give him anything like that until we've been to the allergist. So I'm just curious...what do you use? DS is 13 months and I feel a bit behind since he is still taking 3-4 bottles a day of neocate.
    I am closely watching this thread as my 9.5 month old is milk allergic! Also, I'm wondering why you haven't been to the allergist yet?
    We had been told that since we knew he reacted, to not give him any of it anyway, and that sometimes testing them before a year isn't accurate (the GI doctor gave us a much more detailed explanation than that, but that was the gist!)  So we'll be going this month.
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

• Options
    DS1 drank rice milk from 1 to 2 and nothing since.  Personally i'm not a fan of rice milk.  

DS2 is not allergic but intolerant to dairy and i didn't want to give him rice milk so we opted for coconut milk.  It has the fat and calcium needed.  Once my DS1 outgrew his tree nut allergies i started mixing coconut milk with almond milk (half/half) so DS2 who is 19 months old drinks coconut and almond milk. 
  • Options
    magdusia said:

Once my DS1 outgrew his tree nut allergies i started mixing coconut milk with almond milk (half/half) so DS2 who is 19 months old drinks coconut and almond milk. 

Magdusia, did you see one of the brands makes an almond/coconut milk mix? I want to say its Blue Diamond. My DD likes it in her cereal. But she now (3 yrs) is like your son and doesn't drink any milk anymore. That Silk Fruit & Protein is what she lives off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have to look into the silk fruit & protein drink!  my (almost) 4 year old has some anxiety over food and drinks and giving him something different is a struggle.. i doubt he'd try it but i can use it in baking for extra "fruity" flavor.  

tnd81 said:
    Once my DS1 outgrew his tree nut allergies i started mixing coconut milk with almond milk (half/half) so DS2 who is 19 months old drinks coconut and almond milk. 
    Magdusia, did you see one of the brands makes an almond/coconut milk mix? I want to say its Blue Diamond. My DD likes it in her cereal. But she now (3 yrs) is like your son and doesn't drink any milk anymore. That Silk Fruit & Protein is what she lives off.
  • Options
    Give it a try! They have 3 fruit flavors and my DD loves them all. I'm not big on so much soy but its the only thing she'll drink with protein in it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"