June 2013 Moms
Options

NIP

I did it! Last night we were visiting with a friend at a restaurant. We were in the middle of an open area at a long table (7 of us) and I fed her before we went in, but after about a half hour she wanted more. So I just pulled my sweatshirt open a little more to block the view under my arm and held her cradle style. Pulled her blanket up around her a little higher than usual to block the cleavage from the other angle, and DH said it took him a minute to realize I was already feeding her. :-D Reading other people's stories really helped me build up the courage to do it and not worry if anyone would notice, so thank you to those of you who have shared your stories before this!

Re: NIP

• Options
    Congrats....I have yet to do it but hope my first time goes as smoothly as yours!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you! I've done it a couple times in not super crowded areas. My issue is that he pulls off during letdown b/c it's really strong and milk sprays everywhere. He's been able to keep up the last few days so if that continues nip will be much easier. I hope you are able to continue!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats....I have yet to do it but hope my first time goes as smoothly as yours!

This for me too
    This for me too but I think it is AWSOME that you had the courage to feed your baby. I have huge boobs and I have a really hard time being descreet! I have to football hold my lO and it is tricky to get her on. I mostly pump because if this reason.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This is encouraging I have yet to try it!I'm nervous bc I never know how LO will do sometimes be eats great and is done and some times he unlatches his self a million times and needs help getting back on so I'm not sure how I'd handle that without flashing people lol
  • Options
    Congrats!! I'm glad you had a good first experience!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Options
    Way to go!! I'm glad it was a success!

This weekend is the big latch on event, you can look online for a meet up near you, it might be a good "safe" place for the Mamas who haven't done it yet!
    Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• Options

This for me too
    This for me too but I think it is AWSOME that you had the courage to feed your baby. I have huge boobs and I have a really hard time being descreet! I have to football hold my lO and it is tricky to get her on. I mostly pump because if this reason.
    This for me too, and I need to use a nipple shield. I keep telling myself I have to NIP, and I get closer with each outing. This week I nursed while while leaving a restaurant.

Congratulations, hearing about others NIP really does make it easier for me and its so encouraging.
    I also have huge boobs and have to use a nipple shield. I was able to use the moby wrap to NIP while walking around the boardwalk and the zoo. I have found it impossible to be discreet any other way but the moby made it so easy and even gave me a free hand. It is definitely very encouraging to hear success stories from people in similar situations. Congrats evereyone
  • Options
    homebirdhomebird member
    edited August 2013
    With my first I was soooo nervous about NIP. I did it a few times but always felt self-conscious about it. This time I honestly feel great about it. I've nursed everywhere - restaurants, the mall, waiting rooms, etc. I even put him in a sling and nursed while I was walking around at the fair.

I feel like this, lol: https://youtu.be/ZgmbJso-2-o

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    homebird said:

With my first I was soooo nervous about NIP. I did it a few times but always felt self-conscious about it. This time I honestly feel great about it. I've nursed everywhere - restaurants, the mall, waiting rooms, etc. I even put him in a sling and nursed while I was walking around at the fair.

Same here. This time around I don't care where Im at or who is around and my LO hates being covered when eating so its not even discreet

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Yay! I did it in public quite a few times. People can suck it if they judge. No pun intended.
  • Options
    homebird said:

I feel like this, lol: https://youtu.be/ZgmbJso-2-o
    I haven't figured out how to nurse her while she's in the sling yet. One thing we need to practice, although I'm not sure if it will be worth it because I have a forceful letdown and LO lets go or chokes fairly often. Maybe easier for her if I stay sitting.
  • Options
    Congrats! I keep telling myself I can nip but so far have only been brave enough to do so in my car. I join the huge boob nipple shield club....

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"