June 2013 Moms
Options

Diaper rash

I have tried Boudreaux's Butt Paste and coconut oil but her rash does not seem to be getting better. Any suggestions?
~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper rash

• Options
    caffrincaffrin member
    edited July 2013
    DD hasn't had a rash yet but with DS I always use Desitin Maximum Strength and it takes care of it in one to two diaper changes. (It's the purple tube)
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Options
    AchaeAchae member
    Desitin. I also have Aquaphor but I don't think it works as well. It's very annoying to wash off though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have both the Butt Paste and blue Desitin. I like the smell and texture of the blue Desitin better.  If her butt is starting to get red, I use a little and it's usually gone within a few diaper changes!
  • Options
    LiLi23LiLi23 member
    I have only ever used A&D and it has always worked for me. When DD would get a really bad rash I'd use the blue "Treat" version.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    have you tried switching diapers or wipes? i have to use sensitive wipes for DD and she also seems to react to huggies diapers so we only use pampers now
    Anniversary       

• Options
    My LO had a bad rash because of a milk allergy and I used Desitin too! Both blue and purple. It was pretty bad.
  • Options
    jo27key said:

have you tried switching diapers or wipes? i have to use sensitive wipes for DD and she also seems to react to huggies diapers so we only use pampers now

We already use fragrance free/ hypo allergenic wipes. We use Pampers diapers. I will try huggies to see if that helps. Maybe I will try not using wipes for a a while too.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    jefkjefk member
    We used a combo of Butt Paste Maximum Strength (red tube) and Triple Paste.  It worked WONDERS.  DD's butt was red, raw, bleeding - it was absolutely horrible.  We alternated the two creams until it finally went away (took about a week).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"