October 2013 Moms
Options

Work Shower Etiquette Question

Just found out that DH's work is throwing us a joint baby shower with another of his co-workers (Melissa) that is due a few weeks before us.  It will be over the lunch hour on a weekday at his workplace and I am invited to join in and will be going.  Melissa's husband is also invited but isn't able to make it.

Anywho- do we need to do some type of host thank you gift for this?  There's only one or two people at this shower that I will know and I have no idea who's organizing the whole thing.  

Furthermore- how much would you spend on a gift for Melissa?  I have no idea what the standard spending amount would be for a co-worker.  For a close friend I usually spend $50, for an acquaintance I spend around $30. 

Re: Work Shower Etiquette Question

• Options
    That's a tough one.

If it were me, I'd probably send in some food after the shower as a thank you to everyone who put it together. Maybe a tray of bagels or sandwiches or cookies.

As for getting the other person a gift, I'd say $20-25 is plenty to spend. Not sure if you know her at all but if she's not planning to CD, diapers are always good!
  • Options
    SWA80SWA80 member
    My work is giving me one at my boss' house so I feel like I need to give him something. Bringing in something as a thank you to coworkers is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. I feel a little weird asking coworkers for gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH's work is having a shower for us.  They are just all chipping in to get us one gift from "the office" which will probably be either a gift card or a bigger item like a high chair off our registry.  Have your DH ask what the gift giving protocol would be.  Hopefully, they've been giving some guidance on how much to chip in and you can just chip in on the gift for Melissa too?  Otherwise, I would think something smaller, like $20 or less would be totally appropriate.

As for a thank you, I'm doing the same as pp, just pulling together a bunch of baked goods for the office with notes to thank those who planned the shower and contributed to the gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH and I work in the same office, so I am definitely thinking they will do something. I was planning on baking cupcakes or buying something with a nice thank-you card.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"