September 2013 Moms
Options

Carpal Tunnel Joy!

I finally made my way to the pharmacy and got myself a right-handed wrist brace.  Borrowed a leftie from my dad.  After sleeping in them, my wrists feel SO MUCH BETTER!  I was holding off buying them for a while because I'm a cheapskate, but this was definitely worth the money.

I will say... the braces did absolutely nothing for my stiff knuckles, but at least I can move my hands in the morning now!

Hope this info helps someone else!

Re: Carpal Tunnel Joy!

• Options
    mcg512mcg512 member
    I put off buying them too but was so happy when I finally did.  I kept telling myself it would go away just as quickly as it came but it hasn't.   Glad you got some relief!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image
  • Options
    I talked to my doc about this yesterday and she said to get the wrist brace. Like you ladies, I was putting it off. Now I think I will reconsider and pick one up tonight. Thank you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amiefamief member
    hmm... does it really help that much?  Mine used to come and go for the last few months so I haven't gotten braces.  Now though.. it seems to have come and not go. 

You said it didn't help the knuckles though?  For me that is the worst part so if it isn't going to help that then maybe not worth it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    100% what you said! I was waking up with my right hand in a crushing pain, 3-4x/night (left hand falls asleep, but doesn't hurt), and since I started wrapping it, no pain! (i'm extra cheap, so using what I have on hand). It even feels better during the day.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options

@amief I'm not having much pain in my knuckles, more like stiffness.  If your knuckles are painful maybe try an Ace Bandage like PP suggested?

@dhaueisen Thanks for the Ace Bandage idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"