Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Finding Playdates??

I am a stay at home mom to a 20 month old son and I am finding it to be difficult fo find playdates for him. We live in a small town and its difficult to get out and meet other moms in the area. I don't have a vehicle during the day as my husband uses it for work so our only option is walking everywhere. I'm just curious to how other SAHMs find playdates and meet new people? 

Re: Finding Playdates??

• We used Meetup.com but since you're in a small town I don't know if they'll have groups, you could always check with the library or local churches too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This!  I joined a Mommy and baby group where I live, and they have all sorts of events to pick and choose from, from playdates, to library & museum trips, and pumpkin festivals...pretty much everything under the sun.  Not only is it great for LO to play, but also for me, and husbands are included many times too.  Plus, sometimes we may not be able to go to something at teh suggested time, but it serves as a way to learn about various events happening, and even though we may not be able to meet up with the group, we'll go when it's convenient for us.  Most things we do anymore I wouldn't have a clue about without the group.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, and I'm a WM, but they have events everyday just about that accommodate every mom at some point. I know some SAHMs in the group do reading at the aquarium, and the park on certain days, or even Gymboree together. Sometimes I'll meet up with them if I have the day off with LO.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"