Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Carseat Question: LX vs DLX?

I've been researching convertible car seats and while everything I've read makes me feel like I'm a bad mom unless I get my baby a Britax, realistically, that's not in our price range.  I've been reading good reviews about the Graco My Ride 65, but can't find anything detailing the difference between an LX model and a DLX model.  Does anyone know? And if you use a My Ride 65, do you like it?

Thanks!!

Re: Carseat Question: LX vs DLX?

• I don't own this seat but I believe it has to do with the inserts for NB on the DLX that wouldn't be needed at all for your child now. There is probably more like a little more comfortable padding or something.
    There is nothing wrong with not using a Britax. While I do have one in my vehicle, my husband has a Cosco APT 40 which is around $60 so there is no reason to break the bank if it is not in your budget.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I actually do not like the britax models - the newer ones have shorter shells which do not allow for good rear facing for most kids.  All carseats pass the same safety standards so please do not feel bad. 

I dont' know the difference but I know lots of techs recommend the myride.  You might ask car-seat.org
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You can join Car Seats for the Littles on facebook and ask your question there. I have learned a lot after joining the group. They also have a list of cheaper recommended car seats.
  • Thank you all!!
  • We got the Safety 1st Complete Air65 and love it. Our LO is in 90% in height and weight so we too threw out the Britax as an option, mostly for the high price. The CompleteAir does not fit in the middle of my Nissan Sentra so I am looking at the MyRide/Headwise as well and would be interested in input from those that own the seat. Check out Burlington Coat Factory, they have a Baby Depot and have great prices, up to 60 bucks cheaper than other stores. Ours was only $109.99, regular $169.99 elsewhere!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Expensive does not mean better. Expensive often means it has more bells and whistles... accessories, padding, convenience, etc. We got an Evenflo Triumph for DS (which DD now uses and it's still in great shape). It was the highest rated on Consumer Reports because it factors in value for the price. It's really just about what's right for you, your family, your budget. Personally, I stay away from the really cheap ones because a lot of times they seem hard to sit on, but they all have to pass the same safety regulations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"