October 2011 Moms
Options

NBR: Picnic?

We are doing a fancy picnic thing Saturday - linens, china, candles and flowers, etc. I am bringing the entree and am at a loss. Right now I am thinking grilled marinated vegetables, couscous and either panini sandwiches or mini quiches. Does anyone have anything more brilliant? Apps include crostini and spreads, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, and I'm doing an antipasto salad, plus my friend is bringing some sort of fabulous dessert.

Re: NBR: Picnic?

• Options
    Actually, I agree with Super!  Team quiche!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love the quiche idea as well, but if you do want to do sandwiches, I've had some that were basically ham and melted cheese (and Dijon or something) on croissants, chilled - they were delicious and seemed fancier because it was a croissant instead of regular bread.
    Count me in as well, a fancy picnic sounds awesome!

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Personally I like grilled shrimp for picnics.  Nothing fancy, just a little lemons and herbs, but summer shrimp are so sweet and just as good cold.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I live in the Twin Cities and it is a pop up picnic. I think they sold 1,000 tickets. We won't know the location until Saturday at 3, you can go to set up at 5, and dinner starts at 7. There is music and dancing and stuff. The rules are everyone has to wear white, and you dress up, bring fancy dishes and glassware, etc. I don't know if it will be fun or random or both, but we have a good group going so it should be fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"